Digital TV News: DisplaySearch
End-of-year surge pushed 2013 global 4K TV shipments to 1.6 million
Mar 18, 2014 – 4K LCD TV shipments reached 1.6 million units in 2013, with nearly one million units alone shipped in the fourth quarter (Q4) of 2013, according to the latest NPD DisplaySearch Quarterly Global TV Shipment and Forecast Report.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Paul Gagnon, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
DTVKit announces launch at TV Connect
Mar 18, 2014 – The DTVKit Open Software Foundation (DTVKit) is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to developing and maintaining a shared pool of software building blocks for CE products based on DVB standards.
News categories: DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, Paul Martin, Paul Cox, Paul Gray, Middleware, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Sigma Designs introduces Ultra HD frame rate conversion chip
Jan 6, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the FRCX, an Ultra HD frame rate conversion chip for large-size LCD and OLED panels where high quality frame rate conversion, judder removal and Ultra HD upscaling are critical features.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Mustafa Ozgen, CES2021, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV
2014 4K×2K TV shipments to rise dramatically in China
Dec 24, 2013 – According to DisplaySearch, interest in 4K×2K TVs is at a fever pitch as a critical moment is approaching in the market: 4K×2K is transitioning from early adopters to more mainstream consumers. Rapidly falling prices will fuel adoption.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Paul Gagnon, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Chinese TV set makers most aggressive with 4K TV marketing
Oct 21, 2013 – According to NPD DisplaySearch, 1.3 million 4K TV sets will ship globally in 2013, rising to 23 million in 2017, and Chinese set makers are looking to break out of their domestic market and challenge Samsung, LGE, Sony, Panasonic, and other 4K TV leaders on a global stage.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Paul Gray, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Hillcrest motion, gesture and cursor control for Hisense smart TVs and set-tops
Sep 4, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs and Hisense have announced a strategic partnership by which Hisense will deploy Hillcrest's patented Freespace® in-air pointing and motion control software in its next-generation of Smart TVs and Pulse set-top boxes.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Hisense, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
LCD TV growth strong in China; demand in developed regions declines
Sep 3, 2013 – According to NPD DisplaySearch, Q2'13 overall worldwide TV shipments were down 3% Y/Y, though LCD TV shipments managed to grow 4% Y/Y. The overall trend in total shipments, while still negative, is showing some improvement from last year.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Emerging markets opt for Smart TVs at greater rate than mature markets
Aug 30, 2013 – According to the NPD DisplaySearch Quarterly Smart TV Usage Study, consumers in emerging markets are twice as likely as those in mature markets to purchase an internet-enabled smart TV in the coming 12 months.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Market Research, Smart TV
Gaming Consoles Lead Global Connected TV Usage
Apr 9, 2013 – With growing interest in streaming content, online gaming, and apps on TVs, households are increasingly finding ways to connect their TVs to the Internet. In several developed countries, game consoles have become the most popular way to make that connection, according to NPD DisplaySearch.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Blu-ray, China, Digital TV, DVD, France, Gaming, Germany, Italy, Japan, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK, USA
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow
- discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 133,000 in 4Q 2020
- Accedo acquires Hibox
- VIZIO Ads launches frequency control for Smart TV advertisers
- DVB approves DVB-TA watermarking and DVB Home Broadcast specs
- Roku releases 4Q 2020 results