Digital TV News: Doug Lowther
HorizonSAT chooses Irdeto to secure MENA pay TV offering
Mar 21, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide security solutions to HorizonSAT. Irdeto Cloaked CA with Irdeto FlexiCore will enable HorizonSAT to deliver pay TV services to the Filipino population in the MENA region.
News categories: Irdeto, HorizonSAT, Doug Lowther, Waleed Al-Hejailan, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Irdeto security management deployed across 16 million US cable STBs
Jul 12, 2016 – Irdeto has announced milestones for its Keys & Credentials solution, which is now widely deployed with cable operators in the U.S and Canada. Irdeto has secured and keyed over 16 million set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Irdeto, Doug Lowther, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Irdeto launches first government-approved DRM for China
Mar 23, 2016 – Irdeto has launched Irdeto Rights with China DRM support, the first-ever Chinese government-approved and Hollywood studio validated DRM. Irdeto’s solution for China DRM is fully compliant with the standards of SAPPRFT.
News categories: Irdeto, SAPPRFT, Doug Lowther, Marco Xie, CCBN, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
MEDIA BROADCAST chooses Irdeto for broadcast and multiscreen security
Jun 9, 2015 – Irdeto has announced a new deployment with Germany's MEDIA BROADCAST. The Irdeto Integrated Management System provides a hybrid platform which allows MEDIA BROADCAST to manage content security across broadcast and internet networks targeting multi-screen devices.
News categories: Irdeto, MEDIA BROADCAST, NEOTION, Doug Lowther, Wolfgang Breuer, ANGA COM, CAM, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Mobile, Terrestrial
International Datacasting teams with Irdeto for MDU market
Sep 12, 2013 – International Datacasting (TSX: IDC) and Irdeto (JSE: NPN) have joined forces. The partnership, which leverages Irdeto Media Protection, enables pay TV operators to launch secure IP-based services within Multi-Dwelling Units (MDUs).
News categories: International Datacasting, Irdeto, Bengt Jonsson, Doug Lowther, Content Protection, Gateway, IBC2020, Satellite, Set Top Box
FilmFlex Selects Irdeto to Protect On-Demand Movies on iOS and Android Devices
Mar 5, 2013 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that FilmFlex has selected the company to secure its premium entertainment assets on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. FilmFlex is using Irdeto's ActiveCloak™ to ensure the content delivered by FilmFlex customers is secured according to the robustness rules imposed by studios.
News categories: Irdeto, FilmFlex, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere, UK
IGLOO Partners with Irdeto to Launch New TV Offering
Jun 20, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that IGLOO, a new television offering launched as a joint venture between SKY and TVNZ, has selected Irdeto Cloaked CA to securely deliver premium content over the new TV service.
News categories: Irdeto, IGLOO, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Terrestrial
Indonesia's Central Tivi Digital Leverages Irdeto Customer Central to Deliver Superior Customer Care
May 15, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Indonesia's DTH operator PT Central Tivi Digital has deployed Irdeto's customer care and billing solution. PT Central Tivi Digital launched its 'Centrin TV' pay TV service during the second half of 2011.
News categories: Irdeto, Centrin TV, Indonesia, Satellite
Accedo and Irdeto Partner to Deliver the Ultimate TV Everywhere Experience
Dec 20, 2011 – Accedo Broadband and Irdeto (JSE: NPN) have announced a partnership to create next-generation TV Everywhere services and experiences for pay TV operators, broadcasters and content providers world-wide.
News categories: Irdeto, Accedo Broadband, Apps, CES2020, Content Protection, IPTV, OTT
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs