Digital TV News: Doug Lowther
Stofa selects Irdeto to protect new Android set-top box
Apr 6, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that Stofa has selected Irdeto Cloaked CA to securely deliver content through its upcoming Android set-top box (STB). The box was developed in cooperation with Google and Kaon Media.
News categories: Irdeto, Stofa, Kaon, Doug Lowther, Ole Fruekilde Madsen, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, Set Top Box
iQIYI picks Irdeto DRM and watermarking for ChinaDRM-protected OTT
Mar 24, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that iQIYI has selected Irdeto Rights for ChinaDRM to protect premium content delivery on its OTT streaming platform. iQIYI will also deploy Irdeto Tracemark forensic watermarking.
News categories: Irdeto, iQIYI, ChinaDRM Forum, Doug Lowther, Liu Wenfeng, Ding Wenhua, Apps, CCBN, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
HorizonSAT chooses Irdeto to secure MENA pay TV offering
Mar 21, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide security solutions to HorizonSAT. Irdeto Cloaked CA with Irdeto FlexiCore will enable HorizonSAT to deliver pay TV services to the Filipino population in the MENA region.
News categories: Irdeto, HorizonSAT, Doug Lowther, Waleed Al-Hejailan, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Irdeto security management deployed across 16 million US cable STBs
Jul 12, 2016 – Irdeto has announced milestones for its Keys & Credentials solution, which is now widely deployed with cable operators in the U.S and Canada. Irdeto has secured and keyed over 16 million set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Irdeto, Doug Lowther, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Irdeto launches first government-approved DRM for China
Mar 23, 2016 – Irdeto has launched Irdeto Rights with China DRM support, the first-ever Chinese government-approved and Hollywood studio validated DRM. Irdeto’s solution for China DRM is fully compliant with the standards of SAPPRFT.
News categories: Irdeto, SAPPRFT, Doug Lowther, Marco Xie, CCBN, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
MEDIA BROADCAST chooses Irdeto for broadcast and multiscreen security
Jun 9, 2015 – Irdeto has announced a new deployment with Germany's MEDIA BROADCAST. The Irdeto Integrated Management System provides a hybrid platform which allows MEDIA BROADCAST to manage content security across broadcast and internet networks targeting multi-screen devices.
News categories: Irdeto, MEDIA BROADCAST, NEOTION, Doug Lowther, Wolfgang Breuer, ANGA COM, CAM, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Mobile, Terrestrial
International Datacasting teams with Irdeto for MDU market
Sep 12, 2013 – International Datacasting (TSX: IDC) and Irdeto (JSE: NPN) have joined forces. The partnership, which leverages Irdeto Media Protection, enables pay TV operators to launch secure IP-based services within Multi-Dwelling Units (MDUs).
News categories: International Datacasting, Irdeto, Bengt Jonsson, Doug Lowther, Content Protection, Gateway, IBC2021, Satellite, Set Top Box
FilmFlex Selects Irdeto to Protect On-Demand Movies on iOS and Android Devices
Mar 5, 2013 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that FilmFlex has selected the company to secure its premium entertainment assets on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. FilmFlex is using Irdeto's ActiveCloak™ to ensure the content delivered by FilmFlex customers is secured according to the robustness rules imposed by studios.
News categories: Irdeto, FilmFlex, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, TV Everywhere, UK
IGLOO Partners with Irdeto to Launch New TV Offering
Jun 20, 2012 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that IGLOO, a new television offering launched as a joint venture between SKY and TVNZ, has selected Irdeto Cloaked CA to securely deliver premium content over the new TV service.
News categories: Irdeto, IGLOO, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, New Zealand, Streaming, Terrestrial
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021