Digital TV News: EBU
AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
May 11, 2022 – Orange has reached an agreement with AMC Networks to offer AMC+ on-demand content for the first time in Spain. The service will be available to all subscribers with access to Orange TV’s entertainment offering from this June.
News categories: AMC Networks, Orange, Manuel Balsera, Miquel Penella, Ignacio García-Legaz, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
Together TV and Red Bee launch social purpose streaming service
May 4, 2022 – Together TV has launched its free to use streaming service with Red Bee Media. Together TV selected Red Bee Media's OTT streaming capability for its flexibility of branding, content management, video monetisation and organisation.
News categories: Red Bee, Together TV, Nowtilus, Steve Russell, Alexander Kann, Advertising, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
ORS launches hybrid Android TV STBs powered by Skyworth and 3SS
May 4, 2022 – 3SS and Skyworth Digital have announced that ORS has launched next-generation satellite and terrestrial STBs for its simpliTV services. The Skyworth 4K hybrid boxes feature a customized UX created and delivered by 3SS.
News categories: 3SS, Skyworth Digital, simpliTV, Kai-Christian Borchers, Srithar Bala, Thomas Langsenlehner, Android TV, Austria, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UX
Paramount+ reveals global expansion plans
May 3, 2022 – Paramount+ (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) will launch in the UK and Ireland on 22 June 2022. Paramount+ will also launch in South Korea in June, with further launches planned in Italy, Germany, France, Switzerland and Austria in 2H 2022.
News categories: Paramount, Raffaele Annecchino, Maria Kyriacou, Austria, Digital TV, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Korea, Streaming, Switzerland, UK
Synamedia expands Synamedia Go cloud video suite
Apr 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the launch of its complete Synamedia Go cloud video suite. Synamedia Go offers video service providers everything they need to launch a streaming service as well as the ability to customize it to increase value.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Tom Morrod, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Eastern Europe to add 20 million SVOD subscriptions
Apr 25, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, this is a massive year for Eastern European SVOD, with rollouts from Disney+, SkyShowtime and HBO Max. The region will have 43 million SVOD subscriptions by 2027; up from 23 million at end-2021.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
ADTH and Tolka debut ATSC 3.0 receivers at NAB Show 2022
Apr 20, 2022 – Atlanta DTH will debut two additions to its product range at the NAB Show. Developed in partnership with Tolka, the products are its new ATSC 3.0 Gateway TV receiver and DGI-NexGen-Solo ultra-compact USB-powered plug-in ATSC 3.0 digital TV receiver.
News categories: Atlanta DTH, Tolka, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
Roku debuts clean room for advertisers ahead of TV Upfronts
Apr 19, 2022 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has launched a privacy-first data collaboration environment that allows advertisers and agencies to use their encrypted first-party data to implement ad campaigns with Roku, without relying on cookies or consortiums.
News categories: Roku, Louqman Parampath, Adam Gitlin, Brad Stockton, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Amazon Prime Video penetration at 45% in the U.S.
Apr 7, 2022 – Research from Parks Associates reveals that as of Q3 2021, Amazon Prime Video’s subscriber penetration rate is at 45% of U.S. internet households. In the first quarter of 2021, 77.3 million U.S. households were members of Amazon Prime.
News categories: Parks Associates, Eric Sorensen, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report