Digital TV News: EKTRA
EKTRA selects CommScope STB for Balticum TV in Lithuania
Dec 21, 2021 – CommScope has partnered with EKTRA to provide its Balticum TV customers in Lithuania with the VIP7100 UHD set top solution. The VIP7100 is an interactive IP set top box powered by the Android TV operating system (OS).
News categories: CommScope, EKTRA, Phil Cardy, Valery Alfimov, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, Set Top Box
Twitter announces more than a dozen content deals
May 1, 2017 – Twitter has unveiled a slate of live streaming content deals across sports, news and entertainment. A dozen new collaborations have been announced, bringing hundreds of hours of exclusive live content to the platform.
News categories: Twitter, Jack Dorsey, Anthony Noto, Leslie Berland, Matthew Derella, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
UK Freeview homes surpass 11 million
Mar 26, 2013 – FREEVIEW has announced an increase in the number of households using the service on main-set televisions to over 11 million - its highest figure ever. The number of homes with Freeview on a main or second TV set to almost 20 million - 76% of UK television homes.
News categories: Freeview, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Freeview HD Sales Pass Four Million Following Surge in Q4 Sales
Feb 13, 2012 – Freeview in the UK has confirmed that after strong quarterly sales of 1.3 million Freeview HD televisions and boxes, the number of Freeview HD units sold reached 4.4 million by the end of December 2011.
News categories: Freeview, Digital TV, DVB-T2, DVR, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Freeview HD Sales Surpass 3 Million in UK
Oct 27, 2011 – Freeview, the UK's largest digital TV service, has revealed that it has sold more than three million Freeview HD devices. The vast majority - 90 per cent - of Freeview HD devices sold are televisions.
News categories: Freeview, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
DivX and Arcelik A.S. to Distribute DivX Plus™ HD Certified TVs in Europe
Sep 3, 2010 – DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) and Arcelik have announced a partnership to distribute DivX Plus HD Certified digital TVs (DTVs) in Europe. Arcelik's Arcelik, Beko and Grundig-branded DivX Plus HD Certified TVs will be available this fall.
News categories: DivX, Arcelik, Europe, Media Player, Smart TV, Turkey
Hi-tv Deploys Nagravision End-to-End Solution
Apr 17, 2009 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD) has announced that Hi-tv, part of Grupo Salinas, a US $10 billion group of Mexico-based companies, has launched an end-to-end Nagravision MPEG-4-based digital terrestrial television (DTT) solution.
News categories: Nagravision, Hi-tv, TV Azteca, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Kudelski 2008 Results and New Client Wins
Feb 27, 2009 – The Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD.VX) has announced its 2008 annual results. Digital TV progressed well in the second half, generating a 46.1% net revenue growth compared to the first half. For the full year Digital TV achieved a 15.3% growth rate.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, CAM, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, Mexico, Middleware, Mobile, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Taiwan, Terrestrial
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 373,000 in 4Q 2021
- Swedish standalone SVOD revenues hit new record in 2021
- castLabs and Lemonade.TV+ work together on DRM and video playback
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Canada
- Claro video comes to ZEASN-powered smart TVs in Latin America
- Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
- WarnerMedia adds 4.3 million HBO Max and HBO subscribers in 4Q 2021
- 5G-MAG joins forces with DVB on the future of TV over 5G
- LG Ads introduces suite of Guaranteed Outcome-based media offerings
- Breezeline selects Vecima and TiVo to support its expansion
- Bitcentral acquires Powr.tv
- Friend MTS extends content protection deal with Lega Serie A
- Cinedigm launches streaming channels on AR glasses with Nreal
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021