Digital TV News: G&D
G&D and Verimatrix demonstrate mobile pay TV DRM for smartphones
Sep 12, 2014 – At IBC 2014, Giesecke & Devrient (G&D) and Verimatrix will showcase a digital rights management (DRM) solution for mobile video services that incorporates the high security standard of pay TV.
News categories: G&D, Verimatrix, Petr Peterka, Axel Deininger, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2022, Mobile, Smartphone, Worldwide
Trustonic Trust and Security for Connected Devices launched
Dec 18, 2012 – Trustonic, a company formed by ARM, Gemalto and Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), has launched as a new standard security provider to address the increasing need for trust built into smart connected devices.
News categories: Trustonic, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
ARM, Gemalto and G&D Form Connected Device Security JV
Apr 3, 2012 – ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH), Gemalto (Paris: GTO) and Giesecke & Devrient have announced the creation of a joint venture dedicated to delivering a secure, accessible environment for advanced services running on the growing range of connected devices.
News categories: ARM, Gemalto, G&D, Content Protection, Gaming, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Irdeto Mobile TV Security Solution Now Available on Giesecke & Devrient Mobile TV microSD™ Cards
Feb 11, 2008 – Irdeto, a subsidiary of multinational media group Naspers (JSE: NPN), and Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), the world's second largest manufacturer of smart cards, have announced the successful integration of Irdeto's security solution on G&D's Mobile TV Card.
News categories: Irdeto, Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), CAM, Conditional Access, Mobile, MWC21
Nagravision and G&D Introduce World's First Fully Operational and End-to-End Solution based on MicroSD/SD Card with Embedded Security for Mobile TV Services and Mass Storage
Sep 7, 2007 – Nagravision, a Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD) company, and Giesecke & Devrient (G&D) have joined forces to revolutionize the mobile TV sector and today introduce the world's first fully functional and integrated microSD/SD card with embedded security featuring the Nagra Mobile TV security solution.
News categories: CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Mobile, Tablet
Nagravision and Kudelski Group Affiliated Companies to Demonstrate Innovative End-to-End Solutions for Broadcast, Broadband and Mobile TV at IBC2007
Sep 6, 2007 – Nagravision is demonstrating end-to-end solutions for broadcast, broadband and mobile TV at IBC2007 from September 7 -11, 2007 in Amsterdam.
News categories: Broadband, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, IBC2022, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, TV Services, Watermarking
- NextGen TV broadcasting begins in Green Bay, WI
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 69,000 in 4Q 2021
- TV shipments expected to reach 217 million units in 2022
- Vodafone Portugal launches hands-free entertainment and Smart Home hub with UEI
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi