Digital TV News: GSMA
5G to account for 15% of global mobile industry by 2025
Feb 25, 2019 – 5G is on track to account for 15% of global mobile connections by 2025, as the number of 5G network launches and compatible devices ramps up this year, according to a GSMA report published at MWC Barcelona 2019.
News categories: GSMA, Mats Granryd, 5G, Market Research, MWC20, Worldwide
Samsung showcases end-to-end 5G technology at MWC19
Feb 24, 2019 – At MWC19, Samsung will show its new Galaxy S10 5G mobile phone. Also on display will be equipment that helps make widescale 5G deployment possible, including the live broadcasting of GSMA ‘Mobile World Live TV’ using Samsung’s 5G solutions.
News categories: Samsung, DJ Koh, Paul Kyungwhoon Cheun, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC20, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Worldwide
Kaltura releases updated Cloud TV Platform SDK
Feb 21, 2019 – Kaltura has released a new version of its Cloud TV Platform SDK. The SDK now includes playback optimization for mobile viewing, HEVC support, real-time analytics, plus advertising integrations such as Facebook Audience Network (FAN).
News categories: Kaltura, Dr. Shay David, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT
ZTE launches end-to-end VR live solution
Mar 2, 2017 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has announced the release of its end-to-end VR live solution based on 4 components: VR content capture, elastic networks, a video platform and a VR SDK/set-top box.
News categories: ZTE, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC20, Set Top Box, VR, Worldwide
ICFLIX to be available on PTCL’s Smart TV in Pakistan
Feb 14, 2017 – ICFLIX is reinforcing its position in Pakistan and further strengthening its partnership with PTCL. PTCL customers will now be able to enjoy ICFLIX content on PTCL Smart TV, which offers viewers high quality television and is available in 150 major cities across Pakistan.
News categories: ICFLIX, PTCL, Amine Lalami, Adnan Shahid, Digital TV, OTT, Pakistan
ShowMax expands internet TV service to sub-Saharan Africa
May 13, 2016 – ShowMax has officially launched internet TV services to 36 countries across sub-Saharan Africa. The company originally launched in August 2015 with the largest subscription video on demand catalogue on the continent.
News categories: ShowMax, Barron Ernst, Africa, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Congo-Brazzaville, Digital TV, DRC, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mobile, Namibia, OTT, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
PTCL and ZTE to set up Joint Innovation Centre for video services
Mar 4, 2016 – Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) has signed a memorandum of understanding with ZTE for setting up a Joint Innovation Center (JIC) on Big Video in Pakistan. The JIC is a key initiative of PTCL and ZTE for Smart TV development.
News categories: PTCL, ZTE, Adnan Shahid, Frank Fang, Zhu Jinyun, Content Distribution, IPTV, Pakistan
RealNetworks launches RealMedia HD for embedded devices at CES2016
Jan 6, 2016 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced the launch of its RealMedia HD solution for embedded devices at the 2016 International CES. RealMedia HD enables chipset manufacturers to save costs while offering high-speed and high-definition (HD) video content.
News categories: RealNetworks, Thierry Raymaekers, CES2021, Media Player, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Proliferation of Connected Devices will create a $1.2tr Revenue Opportunity
Oct 10, 2011 – The GSMA, with the support of AT&T, Deutsche Bank, KT, Telenor Connexion and Vodafone, and in partnership with Machina Research, has released research that outlines the market opportunity and revenue potential for connected devices.
News categories: GSMA, Market Research, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV