Digital TV News: Greg Peters
Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
Jan 21, 2020 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has released its fourth-quarter 2019 financial results by posting them to its website. Global paid net additions totaled 8.8m in Q4. During the quarter, the company surpassed 100 million paid memberships outside the US.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, Greg Peters, Ted Sarandos, Spence Neumann, Digital TV, OTT, Results, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Dolby and Netflix offer combined Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision streaming experience
Jun 28, 2017 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Netflix is to deliver the first combined Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision HDR streaming experience to consumers around the world. Netflix members will soon be able to experience Okja, the Netflix Original Film, in both formats.
News categories: Dolby, Netflix, Giles Baker, Greg Peters, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Netflix Brings TV Shows and Movies to Windows Phone in Latin America, UK and Ireland
Apr 11, 2012 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has released an updated, international version of the Netflix App for Windows Phone™, significantly increasing the number of devices supported by Netflix in Latin America, the UK and Ireland.
News categories: Netflix, Apps, Ireland, Latin America, Mobile, OTT, Smartphone, UK
Netflix Brings TV Shows and Movies to PlayStation® Vita
Feb 22, 2012 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has announced immediate availability of Netflix on PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita). PS Vita can stream TV shows and movies from Netflix in high quality on its 5-inch multi-touch display via Wi-Fi.
News categories: Netflix, PlayStation, Canada, Digital TV, Gaming, Latin America, OTT, Portable, USA
eyeIO Unveils Breakthrough Video Encoding Technology, Netflix First to Deploy
Feb 1, 2012 – eyeIO has announced its first commercial license agreement, with Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX). eyeIO video encoding is fully compliant with existing standards, making high quality video available anywhere in the world, on any connected device.
News categories: Netflix, eyeIO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Roku Streaming Players Launch in the U.K. and Ireland
Jan 10, 2012 – Roku® has announced the company's launch in Europe with the first of its streaming players now available for purchase in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Consumers living in those two countries can choose from two of Roku's best-selling models.
News categories: Roku, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Roku Streaming Stick Integrates 'Smart' Experience into TVs Instantly
Jan 4, 2012 – Roku® has unveiled a new solution to make a better Smart TV. The new Roku Streaming Stick™ is a wireless device about the size of a standard USB flash drive that will plug into a TV to instantly transform it into a Smart TV.
News categories: Roku, MHL Consortium, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Netflix Expands Support for Android-Powered Smartphones and Tablets
Oct 19, 2011 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has adds support for tablets running Android 3.x and, for the first time, lets Netflix members in Canada and Latin America instantly watch TV episodes and movies streaming from Netflix on their Android-powered smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Netflix, Apps, Canada, Latin America, Mobile, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0