Digital TV News: Greg Peters
Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
Jan 19, 2021 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has released its 4Q 2020 results. With 8.5m paid net additions in the quarter, the company crossed the 200 million paid memberships mark. For the full year, Netflix added 37 million paid memberships.
News categories: Netflix, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
Jan 21, 2020 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has released its fourth-quarter 2019 financial results by posting them to its website. Global paid net additions totaled 8.8m in Q4. During the quarter, the company surpassed 100 million paid memberships outside the US.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, Greg Peters, Ted Sarandos, Spence Neumann, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Dolby and Netflix offer combined Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision streaming experience
Jun 28, 2017 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Netflix is to deliver the first combined Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision HDR streaming experience to consumers around the world. Netflix members will soon be able to experience Okja, the Netflix Original Film, in both formats.
News categories: Dolby, Netflix, Giles Baker, Greg Peters, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Netflix Brings TV Shows and Movies to Windows Phone in Latin America, UK and Ireland
Apr 11, 2012 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has released an updated, international version of the Netflix App for Windows Phone™, significantly increasing the number of devices supported by Netflix in Latin America, the UK and Ireland.
News categories: Netflix, Apps, Ireland, Latin America, Mobile, Smartphone, Streaming, UK
Netflix Brings TV Shows and Movies to PlayStation® Vita
Feb 22, 2012 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has announced immediate availability of Netflix on PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita). PS Vita can stream TV shows and movies from Netflix in high quality on its 5-inch multi-touch display via Wi-Fi.
News categories: Netflix, PlayStation, Canada, Digital TV, Gaming, Latin America, Portable, Streaming, USA
eyeIO Unveils Breakthrough Video Encoding Technology, Netflix First to Deploy
Feb 1, 2012 – eyeIO has announced its first commercial license agreement, with Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX). eyeIO video encoding is fully compliant with existing standards, making high quality video available anywhere in the world, on any connected device.
News categories: Netflix, eyeIO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Roku Streaming Players Launch in the U.K. and Ireland
Jan 10, 2012 – Roku® has announced the company's launch in Europe with the first of its streaming players now available for purchase in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Consumers living in those two countries can choose from two of Roku's best-selling models.
News categories: Roku, Digital TV, Ireland, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Roku Streaming Stick Integrates 'Smart' Experience into TVs Instantly
Jan 4, 2012 – Roku® has unveiled a new solution to make a better Smart TV. The new Roku Streaming Stick™ is a wireless device about the size of a standard USB flash drive that will plug into a TV to instantly transform it into a Smart TV.
News categories: Roku, MHL Consortium, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming
Netflix Expands Support for Android-Powered Smartphones and Tablets
Oct 19, 2011 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has adds support for tablets running Android 3.x and, for the first time, lets Netflix members in Canada and Latin America instantly watch TV episodes and movies streaming from Netflix on their Android-powered smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Netflix, Apps, Canada, Latin America, Mobile, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, USA
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product