Digital TV News: IDATE
NAGRA launches multi-DRM service on AWS Marketplace
Sep 15, 2023 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its multi-DRM solution, a core module of the company’s Active Streaming Protection framework, is now available via a SaaS pricing model on AWS Marketplace.
News categories: NAGRA, AWS, Sebastian Kramer, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
CTS launches cloud-based managed channel origination service in EMEA
Sep 13, 2023 – Comcast Technology Solutions (CTS) has launched a cloud-based Managed Channel Origination service for customers in EMEA, combining Sky's infrastructure and operations with the capabilities of CTS.
News categories: Comcast Technology Solutions, Sky, Bart Spriester, Fraser Stirling, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2023, Middle-East
Agama and Verimatrix to highlight extended partnership at IBC
Sep 7, 2023 – Verimatrix (Euronext Paris: VMX) has announced that Agama now offers its video operations support solutions integrated with Verimatrix Streamkeeper Multi-DRM.
News categories: Verimatrix, Agama, Sofia Regojo, Johan Görsjö, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2023, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Boom years over for U.S. OTT
Aug 21, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, US OTT revenues will reach $82 billion in 2029, up from $74 billion in 2023. SVOD revenues will increase by only $2 billion, with little growth from 2025.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Ofcom publishes latest Media Nations research
Aug 3, 2023 – Ofcom has published research looking at the media habits and preferences of people in the UK. Take-up of SVOD services has stalled with subscriptions plateauing at about 66% of households.
News categories: Ofcom, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
TOGGO & 3SS launch kids video app on Android Automotive OS
Jul 26, 2023 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that SUPER RTL Fernsehen has launched the world's first kids-only native video app on Android Automotive OS, with a UI/UX engineered by 3SS.
News categories: 3SS, SUPER RTL Fernsehen, Tomasz Dzikowski, Robert Dube, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2023, In-Car, Streaming
LG Ad Solutions releases 'Direct-to-Glass Playbook'
Jun 15, 2023 – LG Ad Solutions has released a 'Direct-to-Glass Playbook' to advance industry understanding of ad-supported CTV and the benefits of having a Smart TV OEM strategy.
News categories: LG Ad Solutions, Tony Marlow, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
DoubleVerify and TVision expand attention measurement on CTV
Jun 13, 2023 – DoubleVerify (DV) (NYSE: DV) has partnered with TVision to combine DV's ad exposure data with TVision's viewer presence and eyes-on-screen ad attention signals, to enhance performance measurement on CTV.
News categories: DoubleVerify, TVision, Daniel Slotwiner, Yan Liu, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Independent Streaming Alliance (ISA) announces formation
Jun 12, 2023 – The Independent Streaming Alliance (ISA) has announced its formation. The ISA is a streaming industry forum set up to engage and work collaboratively with consumers, platforms and media.
News categories: Independent Streaming Alliance, Philippe Guelton, Damian Pelliccione, Cameron Saless, Evan Bregman, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher