Digital TV News: KAON
A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
Oct 29, 2020 – A1 Telekom Austria has selected XroadMedia to enable recommendations on their A1 Xplore TV services in Central and Eastern Europe. A1 has introduced an AI-driven recommendation engine based on the Ncanto solution from XroadMedia.
News categories: XroadMedia, A1 Telekom, Adolf Proidl, Alexander Kuchar, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
Oct 27, 2020 – At the 2020 RDK Virtual Euro Summit, RDK Management announced the availability of RDK4 – the newest generation, open source software platform used to power customer-premise equipment (CPE) for video service providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente
Oct 12, 2020 – 3SS and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have announced that Allente, the entity resulting from the merger between Viasat Consumer and Canal Digital, is to deploy KAON STBs and middleware with 3SS-enabled viewing experiences.
News categories: 3SS, KAONMEDIA, Kai-Christian Borchers, Tom Buhl, Jon Espen Nergård, Android TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
NCTC agrees terms with KAONMEDIA for Android STBs
Apr 22, 2020 – The NCTC, representing more than 750 U.S. broadband and cable operators, has completed an agreement with Kaon Media under which NCTC member operators will receive preferred pricing on Kaon's KSTB2020 Android STB and voice-enabled remote control.
News categories: NCTC, KAONMEDIA, Steve Beardslee, Eric Hybertson, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
RDK now on more than 60 million devices
Mar 19, 2020 – RDK Management has announced that RDK software now powers more than 60 million devices deployed by service providers around the world. RDK is an open source software platform that standardizes core functions used in broadband, video, and IoT connected devices.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
Nov 12, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), together with KAON (KOSDAQ: KAONMEDIA), has announced that they are joining forces in a new streaming platform designed to accelerate time-to-market of Android TV-based services for pay-TV operators.
News categories: NAGRA, KAON, Maurice Van Riek, Edward Shin, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Kaon unveils RDK Video Accelerator set-top box
Sep 10, 2019 – KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) has become a member of the RDK Video Accelerator program with the introduction of its RDK Video Accelerator set-top box. The box comes pre-integrated with the RDK application framework and the Metrological App Store.
News categories: Kaon, RDK, CM KIM, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Broadcom unveils portfolio for RDK Video Accelerator program
Sep 10, 2019 – In advance of IBC, RDK Management and Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) have announced an expanded relationship in which Broadcom joined the RDK Video Accelerator program and introduced a portfolio of pre-integrated RDK based chipset solutions.
News categories: RDK Management, Broadcom, Metrological, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Blonder Tongue distributing Kaon Android TV STBs optimized for MOBITV
Feb 25, 2019 – Blonder Tongue (NYSE: BDR) has announced the availability of the Kaon line of Android TV Set-Top Box products specifically designed and optimized for MOBITV platform deployments across North America. The first set-top model available is Kaon's KSTB2020.
News categories: Blonder Tongue, Kaon, MOBITV, Ted Grauch, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, North America, Set Top Box
- HBO Max to expand into Latin America and Europe in 2H 2021
- SpotX releases 2021 video advertising trends report
- Comscore and MediaMath offer programmatic contextual ad targeting
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Nordic streaming market approaching 14 million subscriptions
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Deltatre AXIS to power BritBox for a further five years
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- Inverto first with EICS TV distribution equipment certification
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5