Digital TV News: MOBITV
TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
Jun 15, 2021 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that it has signed an agreement with the NCTC, giving NCTC members the opportunity to continue to receive the MobiTV IPTV service, now owned and operated by TiVo.
News categories: Xperi, NCTC, Jeffrey Glahn, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
TiVo to acquire MobiTV assets from Chapter 11
May 12, 2021 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that its subsidiary TiVo Corporation has been selected as the successful bidder at auction to acquire the assets of MobiTV, in connection with MobiTV's Chapter 11 bankruptcy process.
News categories: Xperi, MobiTV, TiVo, Jon Kirchner, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Amino bids for MobiTV
May 10, 2021 – Amino Technologies plc (LSE AIM: AMO) has announced that it has submitted a bid, through a wholly owned subsidiary, to acquire the trade and assets of MobiTV, Inc. and MobiTV Services Corporation.
News categories: Amino, MobiTV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MandA, USA
MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
Mar 1, 2021 – MobiTV has voluntarily filed for relief under chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. The company intends to implement a restructuring process that will position its platforms for long-term sustainability and growth.
News categories: MobiTV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finance, USA
TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
Jan 22, 2021 – Looking at the evolution of TV markets in the Central Asia region over the past three years, Dataxis has observed growing opportunities for operators and broadcasters.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Tajikistan, Terrestrial, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
Oct 27, 2020 – MOBITV has announced that MCTV of Massillon, OH, has selected MOBITV Connect managed services for delivery of MCTV Stream, its streaming video content and Internet-based services to residential subscribers in Ohio.
News categories: MOBITV, MCTV, Charlie Nooney, Katherine Gessner, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Horry Telephone Coop selects MOBITV for video service delivery
Jul 16, 2020 – MOBITV has announced that Horry Telephone Cooperative (HTC) has selected MOBITV Connect managed services for delivery of streaming video content in Horry and Georgetown Counties in South Carolina.
News categories: MOBITV, Horry Telephone Coop, Charlie Nooney, Sandy Hendrick, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
Feb 17, 2020 – The NCTC has announced an initiative that allows NCTC member companies to purchase Amazon Fire TV streaming devices at a discount, enabling members to provide subscribers with streaming media devices including Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick 4K, and Fire TV Cube.
News categories: NCTC, Amazon, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Telia Carrier offers direct connectivity for MOBITV streaming TV apps
Nov 20, 2019 – Telia Carrier has announced that MOBITV will utilize its IP backbone to provide capacity and connectivity for MOBITV’s Pay TV operator customers across the U.S. Customers can now get direct access to the MOBITV data center from more than 100 PoPs located throughout the U.S.
News categories: MOBITV, Telia Carrier, Casey Fann, Rob Pulkownik, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
- ThinkAnalytics integrates Gracenote Personalized Imagery
- CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
- Verimatrix CA chosen for digital TV switchover initiative in Nigeria