Digital TV News: Play
Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
Sep 7, 2023 – DIAGNAL has supported enhancements to Intigral's entertainment services, working on improving navigation, introducing a kids mode, creating a branded sports section and launching the service in French.
News categories: DIAGNAL, Intigral, Reuben Verghese, Bill Sharp, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, UX
TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
Sep 11, 2023 – TVMonaco has chosen the OKAST streaming platform to provide a multiscreen OTT experience, as well as multiple channels for monetization and activation, content management, and rights management.
News categories: OKAST, TVMonaco, Cédric Monnier, Nathalie Biancolli, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Monaco, Streaming
DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
Sep 16, 2023 – MainStreaming has announced the continued expansion of the DAZN Edge platform in DAZN’s core European markets. DAZN Edge is built with MainStreaming's proprietary Video Edge technology.
News categories: MainStreaming, DAZN, Antonio Corrado, Robin Oakley, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
Sep 15, 2023 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has collaborated with Netgem to introduce its N9000 Android TV STB combined with Netgem's Immersive TV service to provide the ultimate cloud gaming experience.
News categories: ZTE, Netgem, Android TV, Digital TV, Gaming, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
Sep 15, 2023 – Rokid has showcased its Rokid Station Android TV device at IBC 2023. Developed with HiMedia, the Rokid Station works with AR glasses to enable portable cinematic experiences anytime, anywhere.
News categories: Rokid, Hui Du, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2023, Metaverse, Streaming, Worldwide
NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
Sep 15, 2023 – NPAW has announced that it is to introduce the NPAW Device Probe (NDP), a tool previously developed by Nokia for quality assurance, integration testing, troubleshooting, and production of video solutions.
News categories: NPAW, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2023, Middleware, QoE, Worldwide
XroadMedia powers discovery and personalization at TrueID TV
Sep 15, 2023 – True Digital is using XroadMedia's content discovery and personalization solution to enhance the privacy-conscious viewing experience for TrueID TV, its video service in Thailand.
News categories: XroadMedia, True Digital, Adolf Proidl, Matthew Blumberg, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Thailand, UX
Viaccess-Orca powers CNT video streaming service in Ecuador
Sep 15, 2023 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that CNT will use VO's Cloud Platform, multi-DRM solution, Secure Video Player, and multiscreen apps for the delivery of its new CNTPlay OTT service in Ecuador.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, CNT, Philippe Léonetti, Diego Perez, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Ecuador, IBC2023, Media Player, Streaming
Sagemcom unveils RDK-powered Video Soundbox at IBC
Sep 15, 2023 – The newest version of Sagemcom's Video Soundbox audio/video entertainment hub is powered by RDK software. Sagemcom intends to use the RDK throughout its portfolio of broadband CPE devices.
News categories: Sagemcom, Olivier Taravel, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies