Digital TV News: Qtv
Unicoms offers white label OTT in the Balkans with Conax and Appear TV
Mar 27, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) and Appear TV have announced that Bulgaria’s Unicoms Services has deployed its UnyQTV hosted OTT platform for pay-TV operators deploying advanced technology provided by Conax and Appear TV.
News categories: Conax, Appear TV, Unicoms Services, Daniel Johansson, Walter Holst, Nastya Popova, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming, Video Exchange
MStar adopts TQTVD Ginga STB middleware for Latin America
Jul 10, 2015 – MStar Semiconductor has adopted TQTVD's AstroTV+ Ginga software solution to support the switchover from analogue to digital broadcasting in Latin America, especially for the Analogue Switch-off (ASO) transition in Brazil.
News categories: MStar Semi, TQTVD, Ray Lung, Brazil, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
StarTimes introduces FTA satellite TV in Kenya
Nov 10, 2014 – StarTimes has announced that Kenyans can now access local channels free upon the expiry of their monthly subscription to its satellite TV service. New customers receive two free months of pay TV when purchasing the StarTimes installation kit.
News categories: StarTimes, Mark Lisboa, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite, Set Top Box
Fujitsu Announces Ginga Solution on HD Decoder Family for Latin America DTT market
Feb 25, 2011 – Fujitsu Semiconductor has announced the adoption of a Ginga software from TQTVD, part of the TOTVS group. TOTVS will port its Ginga solution to Fujitsu HD Decoders and promote it, together with Fujitsu, as a full system solution for the SBTVD market.
News categories: Fujitsu, TQTVD, Ginga, Brazil, CCBN, Digital TV, Middleware, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Broadcom announces ISDB-T product family for South America
Aug 23, 2010 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced high definition systems-on-a-chip with integrated ISDB-T tuners and demodulators, designed specifically to support South America's transition to digital TV programming.
News categories: Broadcom, TQTVD, Brazil, Digital TV, ICs, ISDB-T, Middleware, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
JENA and Qtv to Bring the Qtv Internet TV Media Player to JENA STBs and TVs
Apr 12, 2010 – JENA, a division of JIUZHOU Electric, and Qtv have announced that that they will partner to integrate Qtv's Internet TV media player with JENA's network connected set-top boxes (STBs) and televisions.
News categories: Qtv, JENA Corp, Widevine, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Widevine® and Qtv™ Partner to Enable Internet Video on PlayStation® 2 and Mobile Phones
Feb 2, 2010 – Widevine and Qtv have announced that they will partner to bring Widevine's video optimization and Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology to the Qtv Internet TV Media Player for the television, mobile phone and personal computer.
News categories: Widevine, Qtv, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Gaming, Middleware, Mobile, Streaming
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK