Digital TV News: RAS
NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
Mar 28, 2023 – Television stations serving the Des Moines-Ames market have begun broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes KCCI (CBS), WHO-DT (NBC), KDSM-TV (Fox), and KDIN-TV (PBS).
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
Mar 28, 2023 – According to Zattoo's 2023 TV Streaming Report, more and more Swiss people use the internet for TV reception, with high inflation having less impact on streaming subscriptions than expected.
News categories: Zattoo, Jörg Meyer, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Switzerland
Charter to acquire assets of Maine-based Bee Line Cable
Mar 23, 2023 – Charter has announced an investment of $70 million in Maine including an agreement to acquire Bee Line Cable and launch its suite of Spectrum-branded services in communities served by Bee Line.
News categories: Charter, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland
Mar 21, 2023 – Emitel, together with the Warsaw Stock Exchange (WSE), is to carry out a pilot implementation of a dynamic ad insertion system in Poland. Implementation will begin in the second half of March.
News categories: Emitel, WSE, Maciej Staszak, Maciej Stanecki, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Poland
NextGen TV launched on local stations in Rochester, NY
Mar 23, 2023 – Television stations serving the Rochester market have began broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes WHAM-TV (ABC), WROC-TV (CBS), WUHF (Fox), and WXXI-TV (PBS).
News categories: BitPath, John Hane, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
Mar 22, 2023 – Bitmovin and MainStreaming have partnered to integrate Bitmovin’s Live and VOD Encoder, Player, and Analytics solutions with MainStreaming's CMS and global media delivery network.
News categories: Bitmovin, MainStreaming, Dave Rushton, Antonio G. Corrado, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
Mar 20, 2023 – The European Commission has approved the proposed acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange. The approval is conditional on full compliance with a commitments package offered by Orange.
News categories: European Commission, Orange, VOO, Brutélé, Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Regulation
ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
Mar 15, 2023 – Bitmovin has announced that ORF has implemented the Bitmovin Player, allowing it to stream content across the broadest range of devices with the highest quality viewer experience.
News categories: Bitmovin, ORF, Stefan Lederer, Harald Kräuter, Austria, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming
Freeview channels move into the cloud with BT
Mar 9, 2023 – The contract between BT and D3&4 has seen BT switch on cloud processing for regionalised TV across all of D3&4's Freeview channels – ready for distribution to regions across the UK.
News categories: BT, Faisal Mahomed, Greg Bensberg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV
- IAS offers ad verification solution on APS Connections Marketplace
- Charter to acquire assets of Maine-based Bee Line Cable
- FreeWheel: FAST channels redefining premium video distribution