Digital TV News: Raffaele Annecchino
ViacomCBS and CJ ENM announce global partnership
Dec 7, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIACA, VIAC) and CJ ENM have made a deal to bring entertainment to audiences worldwide that includes co-production of original series and films, content licensing, and distribution across ViacomCBS' and CJ ENM's streaming services.
News categories: ViacomCBS, CJ ENM, Dan Cohen, Kang Ho-Sung, Digital TV, Korea, Streaming
ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
Nov 29, 2021 – ViacomCBS and the NENT Group have announced a partnership for a new Pluto TV service across Sweden, Denmark and Norway in 2022. The service combines ViacomCBS' FAST service with the biggest pan-Nordic AVOD platform Viafree.
News categories: ViacomCBS, NENT Group, Pluto TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
Comcast and ViacomCBS to launch 'SkyShowtime' SVOD in Europe
Aug 18, 2021 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) have announced a partnership to launch an SVOD service, named SkyShowtime, in more than 20 European territories encompassing 90 million homes.
News categories: Comcast, ViacomCBS, Dana Strong, Raffaele Annecchino, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Paramount+ to launch on Sky across Europe
Aug 5, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) and Sky (NASDAQ: CMCSA) have announced that Paramount+ will launch on Sky platforms in the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Switzerland and Austria (GSA) in 2022.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Sky, Paramount+, Raffaele Annecchino, Stephen van Rooyen, Advertising, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Satellite, Switzerland, UK
Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
Aug 19, 2019 – ACCESS is acquiring from Viacom (VIMN) the right to make linear feeds of MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon available in German-language for integration into in-car infotainment systems being developed by German car manufacturers.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Viacom, Dr Neale Foster, Raffaele Annecchino, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, In-Car, Middleware
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope