Digital TV News: Sony
Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
Mar 21, 2023 – IDC has lowered its forecast for AR/VR headset shipments in 2023. Despite the revision, total shipments are expected to grow 14% in 2023 and accelerate over the 2023-2027 period with a five-year CAGR of 32.6%.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Ramon T. Llamas, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Sony enters into live streaming deal with Vidgo
Mar 8, 2023 – Sony and Vidgo are bringing Vidgo's streaming service to Sony smart TVs in the US. Vidgo's lineup of TV networks and on-demand content will be available through the Vidgo app on the Sony TV homepage.
News categories: Vidgo, Sony, Derek Mattsson, Paul Erickson, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Global shipments of AR/VR headsets declined sharply in 2022
Mar 8, 2023 – The pendulum for AR/VR headsets swung the other way through the course of 2022 as global shipments declined 20.9% year over year to 8.8 million units, according to IDC.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Ramon T. Llamas, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Pixalate releases H2 2022 CTV ad supply chain report
Mar 7, 2023 – Pixalate has released its H2 2022 Global Connected TV (CTV) Ad Supply Chain Trends Report, an analysis of the state of open programmatic CTV advertising through the second half of 2022.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Avanci one-stop licensing platform for ATSC 3.0 launched
Mar 7, 2023 – Avanci has launched Avanci Broadcast, a patent licensing platform for the ATSC 3.0 broadcasting standard, offering a simple pricing model for manufacturers that implement the technology.
News categories: Avanci, Kasim Alfalahi, Ilkka Rahnasto, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, USA, Worldwide
Red Bee Media and Dotscreen power RTBF's revamped AUVIO platform
Mar 6, 2023 – Red Bee Media has signed an agreement with RTBF to power its re-launched Auvio platform through Red Bee Media's managed OTT services. Red Bee Media partnered with Dotscreen to improve the Auvio user experience.
News categories: Red Bee Media, RTBF, Dotscreen, Stéphane Grandvarlet, Cecile Gonfroid, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
Multichoice, NBCUniversal and Sky to create streaming service for Africa
Mar 2, 2023 – MultiChoice (JSE: MCG), NBCUniversal and Sky (NASDAQ: CMCSA) have announced a partnership that will bring Showmax streaming to MultiChoice's 50-market footprint in sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: MultiChoice, NBCUniversal, Sky, Calvo Mawela, Matt Strauss, Dana Strong, Africa, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming
Hisense ranks no. 2 globally for TV shipments in 2022
Feb 22, 2023 – Data from Omdia shows that, for the full year 2022, global shipments of Hisense TVs hit a yearly total of 24.5 million, ranking Hisense no. 2 overall in the market, with a year-on-year growth of 16.1%.
News categories: Hisense, Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
SLING TV launches Freestream FAST service
Feb 9, 2023 – SLING TV has launched a FAST service, Sling Freestream. Freestream is available through the SLING app on all Roku devices, and is rolling out across Comcast, LG, Samsung, Vizio and Xbox devices.
News categories: SLING TV, Gary Schanman, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania