Digital TV News: Sue Taylor
Tata Sky selects Cisco's Videoscape Video Everywhere solution
Oct 31, 2013 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Tata Sky has deployed the Cisco's Videoscape Video Everywhere solution, a thin-client user interface application that enables new multiscreen experiences beyond the set-top box.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Tata Sky, Sue Taylor, Vikram Mehra, Apps, Digital TV, India, Mobile, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Cisco reaches over 100 million digital TV homes in Asia Pacific
Oct 17, 2013 – In the digital television (TV) industry in Asia Pacific, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the leading provider of conditional access (CA) and digital rights management (DRM), securing content that is delivered to more than 100 million digital homes in the region.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sue Taylor, Asia, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
NDS Implements ARM Technology-Based Secure Mobile Environment with SK Planet in Korea
May 22, 2012 – NDS has announced the implementation of its VideoGuard Connect DRM for HD pay-TV on mobile devices using ARM (LSE:ARM; Nasdaq:ARMH) TrustZone technology with SK Planet, a subsidiary of SK Telecom (NYSE : SKM), Korea's leading telecoms provider.
News categories: NDS Group, ARM, SK Planet, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Korea, Mobile, Silicon IP, Streaming
NDS Reaches 20 Million Digital Homes in India
Oct 19, 2011 – NDS has announced that in the Indian pay-TV market its technology is providing an enhanced TV viewing experience in 20 million homes. With an estimated average of five people per household, NDS is enabling TV for 100 million viewers.
News categories: NDS Group, Cable TV, Conditional Access, India, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite
NDS Enables Hybrid Functionality for Astro B.yond Platform
Jun 21, 2011 – NDS has announced that their MediaHighway™ set-top box (STB) software is enabling hybrid functionality for the Astro B.yond platform in Malaysia.
News categories: NDS Group, Astro B.yond, Digital TV, DVR, Malaysia, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Thailand's Largest Pay-TV Operator TrueVisions Selects NDS
May 11, 2011 – NDS has announced that it has been selected by TrueVisions (SET: TRUE), Thailand's largest pay-TV operator, to secure and enable next-generation hybrid services for its subscribers.
News categories: NDS Group, TrueVisions, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Thailand
NDS Delivers VOD Solutions to Wenzhou Cable in Partnership with Huawei
Mar 24, 2011 – NDS has announced that it has partnered with Huawei to enable the delivery of the latest High Definition Video On Demand (VOD) digital-TV solutions to Wenzhou Cable (A branch of China Cable Network) subscribers.
News categories: NDS Group, Huawei, Wenzhou Cable, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Wenzhou Cable Enhances TV Viewing with China's First HD Overlay EPG from NDS
Mar 23, 2011 – NDS has announced that Wenzhou Cable, a branch of China Cable Network, have selected NDS EPG Framework to deploy an enhanced and adaptable high definition overlay EPG - the first of its kind in China.
News categories: NDS Group, Wenzhou Cable, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
NDS Enables Unified Next Generation Services at Sichuan Cable
Mar 23, 2011 – NDS has announced that they are providing the underpinning technologies for China's largest consolidated local cable network, Sichuan Cable Network. NDS MediaHighway® set-top box software provides the foundation for features across the platform.
News categories: NDS Group, Sichuan Cable, Cable TV, China, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021