Digital TV News: T-Home
Average number of video services used by US consumers now in double digits
Mar 1, 2023 – Research released by TiVo (NYSE: XPER) finds that the average number of video services used by U.S. consumers now exceeds double-digits, up to an average of 11.6 video services from 8.9 a year ago.
News categories: Xperi, Scott Maddux, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
New streaming TV video ad formats perform better than traditional TV ads
Jan 19, 2023 – MAGNA Media Trials and Roku have announced a study in partnership with the Roku Brand Studio that finds new video ad formats in streaming TV are 2x more favorable than traditional TV ads for consumers.
News categories: Roku, MAGNA, Asaf Davidov, Kara Manatt, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Element to launch 4K Ultra HD TVs with Xumo in 2023
Jan 5, 2023 – Xumo and Element Electronics plan to launch 4K Ultra HD smart TVs in the U.S. in 2023. Xumo, a JV between Comcast and Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR), was formed to develop a next-generation streaming platform for 4K streamers and smart TVs.
News categories: Xumo, Element Electronics, Marcien Jenckes, Vlad Kazhdan, Digital TV, RDK, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
TCL introduces Smart TVs with Fire TV built-in
Oct 27, 2022 – TCL Electronics (1070.HK) has announced a strategic agreement with Amazon to build a series of smart TVs with Fire TV built-in. TCL will launch the 4K QLED smart TVs in Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK.
News categories: TCL Electronics, Amazon, Frédéric Langin, Eric Saarnio, Digital TV, Germany, Italy, Smart TV, Spain, TV OS, UK
3SS and P3 partner for in-car entertainment on Android Automotive OS
Oct 6, 2022 – 3SS and P3 have announced that they are co-developing an in-car infotainment system that includes an on-the-go video entertainment UX powering all in-car displays built on Google’s Android Automotive OS.
News categories: 3SS, P3 Digital Services, Adnan Ertural, Marius Mailat, Digital TV, In-Car, UX, Worldwide
DISH launches 'All Content in One Place' entertainment system
Sep 7, 2022 – DISH Network has announced the launch of its Hopper Plus entertainment system. Three new 4K devices — Hopper Plus, Joey 4 and Wireless Joey 4 — are now seamlessly integrated with the Hopper whole-home DVR system.
News categories: DISH Network, Brian Neylon, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, USA
MainConcept to demo cloud-ready 8K encoding at NAB Show 2022
Apr 20, 2022 – At their NAB Show booth, MainConcept will highlight their advancements in 8K-optimized cloud encoding and illustrate why MainConcept’s technologies are essential ingredients used in processing over 90% of today’s professional videos.
News categories: MainConcept, Deacon Johnson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Russian-Ukrainian war and inflation impacting TV, LCD monitor, notebook markets
Apr 1, 2022 – According to TrendForce, the uncertainty of current global political and economic circumstances has upset demand for major display applications including TVs, LCD monitors, and notebooks, creating pressure to correct 1H22 expectations.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
TalkTalk rolls out 4K TV set-top box with Netgem
Mar 21, 2022 – The 4K TV Box offers more choice for TalkTalk TV customers alongside Ultra HD 4K viewing. Customers can access more than 70 channels and on-demand players through the Netgem TV interface with apps and streaming services like Netflix and Prime Video.
News categories: TalkTalk, Netgem, Jonathan Kini, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UK
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media