Digital TV News: Telia
US and Asia dominate early 5G adoption
Apr 6, 2018 – CCS Insight has raised its near-term forecast for global 5G connections following impressive progress made by the industry over the past six months. This headway has been accelerated by agreement on standards, trials, deployment of chipsets and infrastructure, and operator commitments to the technology.
News categories: CCS Insight, Kester Mann, 5G, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
Telia CLOUDY CDN deploys the BuyDRM KeyOS multi-DRM platform
Sep 14, 2017 – Telia’s self-service cloud video platform for live and VOD content Cloudy CDN, has selected BuyDRM to provide DaaS (DRM as a Service) using BuyDRM’s KeyOS MultiKey Service. CLOUDY provides a cloud-based video platform for the OTT market.
News categories: BuyDRM, Telia, Christopher Levy, Norberts Ositis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Latvia, OTT
7,000 subscribers for Telia's 4G TV service in Estonia
Mar 1, 2017 – Just over a year after launch, Telia's MINU.TV service has reached 7,000 subscriptions. MINU.TV enables subscribers to watch TV over the 4G mobile network and consists of 30 TV channels, as well as several add-on services.
News categories: Telia, Ermo Polma, Digital TV, Estonia, IPTV, Mobile, Subscribers
Teo and Omnitel become Telia in Lithuania
Feb 1, 2017 – Teo, Omnitel and Baltic Data Center have become one company – Telia Lietuva. The integrated telecommunications company in Lithuania will provide telecommunications, IT and TV services as a one-stop shop.
News categories: Telia, Kęstutis Šliužas, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, MnA, Terrestrial
Global SVOD homes to reach 428 million by 2021
Dec 12, 2016 – The number of SVOD homes is forecast to reach 428 million across 200 countries by 2021, up from 177 million in 2015 and an expected 248 million by end-2016, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Russia to extend its SVOD lead in Eastern Europe
Nov 30, 2016 – Eastern Europe will have 18.19 million paying SVOD subscribers by 2021, up from 3.33 million at end-2015 and 5.58 million by end-2016 – almost sextupling between 2015 and 2021 – according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Market Research, OTT, Poland, Romania, Russia, Subscribers, Ukraine
Telia deploys ARRIS IPTV STBs in Sweden and Finland
Oct 25, 2016 – Telia has selected the VIP4302 set-top from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to deliver IPTV services to its TV and streaming customers in Sweden and Finland. The new service offers IPTV content with Netflix and YouTube integrated.
News categories: ARRIS International, Telia, Steve McCaffery, Christofer Peilitz, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Sweden
Telia announces regional partnership with Netflix
Oct 18, 2016 – Telia has announced a partnership with Netflix. Telia’s customers in Sweden and Finland will be the first to get access to Netflix with Telia’s new generation media box, launching on October 18. The partnership will rollout to more countries through 2017.
News categories: Telia, Netflix, Johanna Berlinde, Apps, Baltics, Digital TV, Finland, OTT, Set Top Box, Sweden
Chromecast supports Telia streaming services
Aug 29, 2016 – Telia customers can now enjoy an even simpler and more flexible streaming experience as the TV streaming services in Sweden, Finland and Denmark will work with Google Chromecast. Chromecast is a line of digital media players developed by Google.
News categories: Telia, Johanna Berlinde, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025
- All-time high for streaming video according to Limelight Networks
- ZTE joins Netflix Hailstorm set top box program
- fuboTV announces closing of Public Offering
- COVID-19 pandemic accelerates cord-cutting in 2020
- Household media spend stabilized in Sweden in Q3
- G-Core Labs introduces global streaming platform
- EMEA Smart Home market expected to rebound in 2H 2020
- Freeview Play launches on Amazon Fire TV Edition
- 3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente