Digital TV News: Thomson Video Networks
Technicolor makes HDR single-stream HEVC reference code available
Jun 24, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced the availability of its High Dynamic Range (HDR) single-layer solution, for testing. The solution enables HDR coding and delivery in a single stream for viewing regardless of display type.
News categories: Technicolor, Thomson Video Networks, Mark Turner, Stéphane Cloirec, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Thomson encoders for 3 Austria OTT video
Jun 10, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that Hutchison Drei Austria has migrated to a video distribution platform based on Thomson's video encoding platform, enabling Drei to offer OTT video to mobile and home viewers on a complete range of screens.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Drei Austria, Broadpeak, Eric Louvet, Günter Lischka, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
ALBtelecom to upgrade IPTV with Thomson Video Networks
Jun 4, 2015 – ALBtelecom has announced that it is planning to upgrade its ALB TV IPTV service. ALBtelecom has chosen Thomson Video Networks as its supplier as it increases network capacity to support Ultra HD and up to 240 live channels.
News categories: ALBtelecom, Thomson Video Networks, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, TV Everywhere
Vietnam's FPT Telecom chooses Thomson encoders for IPTV and OTT service
May 29, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that Vietnam's FPT Telecom has deployed its ViBE VS7000 multi-screen and HEVC encoding system to drive the upcoming release of its IPTV and FPT Play app, the company’s IPTV and OTT video service.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, FPT Telecom, Tony Berthaud, Vu Anh Tu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Vietnam
Thomson Video Networks supports CHILI Ultra HD OTT in Italy
May 27, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that CHILI, the Italian digital distributor of movies and TV series, is using its ViBE VS7000 multi-screen and HEVC encoding platform to deliver HEVC 4K content via its movie service platform.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, CHILI, NexGuard, Eric Gallier, Stefano Flamia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Italy, OTT
Vodafone and Valencia FC trial 4G LTE Broadcast with Thomson
May 22, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that its ViBE VS7000 multi-screen and HEVC encoder was chosen by Vodafone Spain and Valencia Football Club for Spain’s first live trial of an LTE Broadcast network on May 17.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Vodafone, Christophe Delahousse, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Spain
Dalian Tiantu Cable TV chooses Thomson Video Networks for 4K channel
Mar 26, 2015 – Dalian Tiantu Cable Television Network has chosen Thomson Video Networks’ ViBE VS7000 video system and Sapphire MPEG stream server to provide HEVC encoding and playout for its new 4K linear channel.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Dalian Tiantu Cable TV, Tony Berthaud, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Astro selects Thomson for DTH, IPTV and OTT expansion
Mar 24, 2015 – Malaysia's Astro has chosen a suite of Thomson Video Networks encoding and video processing solutions for the compression platform that will enable it to deliver additional channels for its future business expansion.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Astro, Tony Berthaud, Poh Kee Seng, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia, OTT, Satellite
Thomson Video Networks powers Guizhou IPTV in China
Jul 2, 2014 – Guizhou Province TV, the primary broadcaster in China’s Guizhou province, has deployed Thomson Video Networks’ ViBE™ VS7000 encoding and transcoding platform to drive the launch of its new IPTV service, Guizhou IPTV.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Guizhou Province TV, Huang Xuejun, Tony Berthaud, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0