Digital TV News: Thorsten Sauer
Ericsson launches TV content discovery ecosystem
Apr 24, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) is launching its content discovery ecosystem at NAB Show 2017. Through a network of partners, the ecosystem brings together TV and movie data sources with a suite of software services that help understand and act on the data.
News categories: Ericsson, ColorTV, Internet Video Archive, XroadMedia, Thorsten Sauer, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
SBS selects Ericsson for media delivery services
Nov 22, 2016 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it has signed a media delivery services contract with Australia's SBS. Ericsson will aggregate and prepare content and deliver the assets to SBS in a format ready for transmission.
News categories: Ericsson, SBS, Thorsten Sauer, Noel Leslie, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV
T-Mobile Netherlands selects Ericsson for KNIPPR OTT TV
Sep 7, 2016 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected to provide the video platform for T-Mobile Netherlands' new OTT TV service, KNIPPR. Ericsson will provide an end-to-end online video service, including content management, DRM and CDN.
News categories: Ericsson, KNIPPR, Thorsten Sauer, Johan Trouwborst, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Netherlands, OTT
AB Groupe selects Ericsson for France’s first Ultra HD channel
Aug 25, 2016 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it has signed a broadcast and media services contract with AB Groupe. Ericsson will provide playout services for AB Groupe’s Ultra Nature TV channel, the first ultra HD TV channel to launch in France.
News categories: Ericsson, AB Groupe, Thorsten Sauer, Lionel Berthelot, Laurent Gaudinaud, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France
Airtel Nigeria first customer for Ericsson NuVu SVOD service
Nov 17, 2015 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced the launch of its first end-to-end subscription video-on-demand content service, NuVu. Ericsson and Airtel Nigeria are planning to jointly launch NuVu in the first quarter of 2016.
News categories: Ericsson, Airtel, Thorsten Sauer, Ahmed Mokhles, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Nigeria, OTT
BT Sport selects Ericsson to launch UK's first UHD TV channel
Jun 23, 2015 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it has signed deal with BT Sport to help launch three TV channels and an interactive red button service in the UK. One of the channels, BT Sport UHD will be the first Ultra HD channel to launch in the UK.
News categories: Ericsson, BT Sport, Thorsten Sauer, Jamie Hindhaugh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
Bonnier and Ericsson collaborate on Nordic VOD service
Apr 13, 2015 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected to provide the online video platform to the over-the-top (OTT) and live TV subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service, C More, currently being developed by Bonnier Broadcasting for the Nordic countries.
News categories: Ericsson, Bonnier, Thorsten Sauer, Casten Almqvist, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, DRM, Finland, Iceland, Middleware, Norway, OTT, Sweden
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India