Digital TV News: Thorsten Sauer
Ericsson launches TV content discovery ecosystem
Apr 24, 2017 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) is launching its content discovery ecosystem at NAB Show 2017. Through a network of partners, the ecosystem brings together TV and movie data sources with a suite of software services that help understand and act on the data.
News categories: Ericsson, ColorTV, Internet Video Archive, XroadMedia, Thorsten Sauer, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
SBS selects Ericsson for media delivery services
Nov 22, 2016 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it has signed a media delivery services contract with Australia's SBS. Ericsson will aggregate and prepare content and deliver the assets to SBS in a format ready for transmission.
News categories: Ericsson, SBS, Thorsten Sauer, Noel Leslie, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV
T-Mobile Netherlands selects Ericsson for KNIPPR OTT TV
Sep 7, 2016 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected to provide the video platform for T-Mobile Netherlands' new OTT TV service, KNIPPR. Ericsson will provide an end-to-end online video service, including content management, DRM and CDN.
News categories: Ericsson, KNIPPR, Thorsten Sauer, Johan Trouwborst, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Netherlands, OTT
AB Groupe selects Ericsson for France’s first Ultra HD channel
Aug 25, 2016 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it has signed a broadcast and media services contract with AB Groupe. Ericsson will provide playout services for AB Groupe’s Ultra Nature TV channel, the first ultra HD TV channel to launch in France.
News categories: Ericsson, AB Groupe, Thorsten Sauer, Lionel Berthelot, Laurent Gaudinaud, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France
Airtel Nigeria first customer for Ericsson NuVu SVOD service
Nov 17, 2015 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced the launch of its first end-to-end subscription video-on-demand content service, NuVu. Ericsson and Airtel Nigeria are planning to jointly launch NuVu in the first quarter of 2016.
News categories: Ericsson, Airtel, Thorsten Sauer, Ahmed Mokhles, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Nigeria, OTT
BT Sport selects Ericsson to launch UK's first UHD TV channel
Jun 23, 2015 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it has signed deal with BT Sport to help launch three TV channels and an interactive red button service in the UK. One of the channels, BT Sport UHD will be the first Ultra HD channel to launch in the UK.
News categories: Ericsson, BT Sport, Thorsten Sauer, Jamie Hindhaugh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK
Bonnier and Ericsson collaborate on Nordic VOD service
Apr 13, 2015 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been selected to provide the online video platform to the over-the-top (OTT) and live TV subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service, C More, currently being developed by Bonnier Broadcasting for the Nordic countries.
News categories: Ericsson, Bonnier, Thorsten Sauer, Casten Almqvist, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, DRM, Finland, Iceland, Middleware, Norway, OTT, Sweden
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5