Digital TV News: Vewd
Xperi shows TiVo OS, plus pay TV and Vewd solutions for operators, at IBC
Sep 9, 2022 – At IBC 2022, Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced solutions for pay-TV operators that combine the best of TiVo OS and Vewd, establishing Xperi as a leading independent media platform for Smart TVs, connected cars and pay-TV operators.
News categories: Xperi, Gabriel Cosgrave, Chris Ambrozic, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Xperi brings Vewd cloud-managed UX to Android TV with Evoca
Sep 9, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has announced the launch of Vewd OpX for Android TV Operator Tier. With this version, Vewd OpX, a cloud-managed STB UX integrating Pay-TV services with OTT content, is made available as a custom launcher and TV app for Android TV Operator Tier STBs.
News categories: Xperi, Evoca, Sascha Prüter, Mitch Weinraub, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
Vewd acquired by Xperi
Jul 5, 2022 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) has acquired Vewd Software for $109 million. The acquisition establishes Xperi as a leading independent streaming media platform through its TiVo brand and the largest independent provider of Smart TV middleware globally.
News categories: Xperi, Vewd, Jon Kirchner, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, MandA, Middleware, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
Jun 28, 2022 – Vewd has announced that its Vewd for Automotive white-labeled, cloud-managed content aggregation and monetization solution has been integrated with Renesas' R-Car SoCs, allowing automotive OEMs and tier-1 vendors to bring rich streaming experiences to the car.
News categories: Vewd, Renesas, Vincent Duval, Yusuke Kawasaki, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
Vewd and AirConsole bring casual gaming to the TV
May 31, 2022 – Vewd and AirConsole have announced a partnership that simplifies the distribution of casual gaming to TVs. The joint solution allows service providers to offer gaming without the need for additional hardware.
News categories: Vewd, AirConsole, Amanda Oleson, Anthony Cliquot, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Worldwide
CNA app available for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs
Mar 30, 2022 – Vewd has announced that CNA is now available for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs worldwide. CNA is a 24-hour English-language news TV channel based in Singapore and available in 29 territories across Asia, the Middle East, and Australia.
News categories: Vewd, CNA, Amanda Oleson, Woon Chuk Chan, Apps, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, Set Top Box, Singapore, Smart TV, Streaming
Vewd receives approval for financial restructuring
Feb 1, 2022 – Vewd Software has announced the U.S. Bankruptcy Court's approval of its Plan of Reorganization. The restructuring will eliminate the vast majority of Vewd’s debt and position Vewd for long-term growth.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, Private Equity, USA, Worldwide
Vewd For Automotive enables premium entertainment in Skywell electric SUV
Jan 27, 2022 – Vewd for Automotive, a white-labeled, cloud-managed content aggregation and monetization solution, has been enabled in Skywell's ET5 electric SUV, providing access to a wide variety of entertainment options – including radio, podcasts, broadcast TV, OTT apps, and VOD.
News categories: Vewd, Skywell, Aneesh Rajaram, Leon Zhu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
Jan 11, 2022 – Vewd has announced that its Operator TV now supports SmarDTV's CI Plus CAM technology. Operator TV is a Smart TV solution that integrates Pay TV in an experience fully controlled and branded by the operator.
News categories: Vewd, SmarDTV, Erik Gazzoni, Marco Frattolin, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Software
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023