Digital TV News: Vewd
Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
Dec 3, 2020 – Vewd has announced support for Broadcast Markup Language (BML) and Hybridcast in Vewd Core. Vewd Core with BML and Hybridcast provides devices with a unified OTT and hybrid TV environment ready for the Japanese market.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, In-Car, Japan, Smart TV, UX
Vewd announces cloud-managed in-vehicle entertainment platform
Nov 17, 2020 – Vewd has announced Vewd for Automotive, a white-labeled cloud-managed platform that brings streaming entertainment to car manufacturers and automotive infotainment platforms.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Worldwide
Vevo added to NetRange Smart TV app store
Nov 17, 2020 – Vevo and NetRange have announced a collaboration to widen access to Vevo’s music video service to Smart TVs in nearly a dozen countries powered by the NetRange Smart TV App Store.
News categories: NetRange, Vevo, Tim Schröeder, Rob Christensen, Apps, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vestel expands Smart TV contract with Vewd
Aug 28, 2020 – Vewd and Vestel have announced a contract renewal that will see Vewd Core and Core Modules deployed across the full range of Vestel Smart TVs. The agreement will also lead to the first large scale deployment of Smart TVs supporting the HbbTV OpApp standard.
News categories: Vewd, Vestel, Aneesh Rajaram, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV, Turkey, Worldwide
RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
Aug 4, 2020 – Entercom, home of RADIO.COM, has announced a partnership with Vewd to expand its smart TV footprint. With Vewd, tens of millions of smart TVs, including Sony, Philips and Hisense, will gain access to RADIO.COM.
News categories: Entercom, Vewd, David Rosenbloom, Michael Winneker, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
Jul 2, 2020 – Vewd has launched Broadcast Plus, a solution that offers smart TV manufacturers an easy-to-deploy, certification-ready broadcaster user experience for both live TV and on-demand content.
News categories: Vewd, Sascha Prüter, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
Jun 4, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced a partnership with Vewd offering Cinedigm’s portfolio of streaming entertainment networks on Vewd-enabled devices. The move further extends Cinedigm’s reach and distribution worldwide.
News categories: Cinedigm, Vewd, Tony Huidor, Erick Opeka, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vewd wins Emmy for work on HTML5 for TV
Jan 30, 2020 – Vewd has announced that the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) has granted Vewd a Technology & Engineering Emmy Award for its pioneering work on HTML5 for the presentation of online content on the TV screen.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Vewd and Bitrouter offer integrated ATSC 3.0 software solution
Jan 7, 2020 – Vewd has partnered with BitRouter to pre-integrate BitRouter's ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 receiver software package with its Vewd OS and Vewd Core. The joint offering accelerates the launch of hybrid TV devices supporting NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: BitRouter, Vewd, Gopal Miglani, Aneesh Rajaram, ATSC 3, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia