Digital TV News: WYPLAY
ELSYS adds security camera support to STB based on Frog middleware
Dec 17, 2019 – Elsys has integrated a range of security video cameras on the Elsys TOTALMAX receiver powered by Frog, the Wyplay open source middleware. ELSYS developed and customized the middleware in partnership with Globo for its SAT HD Regional project.
News categories: Wyplay, Elsys, Jacques Bourgninaud, Damian Zisman, Brazil, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Wyplay selected for Android TV DVR at South American operator
Oct 29, 2019 – Wyplay has been selected by a major South American Tier-1 Operator for their next generation hybrid Android TV 4K-DVR set-top box. Wyplay will provide its 'FROG' middleware and back-end components will be delivered to enrich the operator’s solution.
News categories: Wyplay, Jacques Bourgninaud, Android TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, Set Top Box
Wyplay and SmarDTV to offer off-the-shelf Android TV platforms
Oct 22, 2019 – Wyplay and SmarDTV Global have joined forces to build a range of ready-to-deploy Android TV platforms. The platforms include STBs pre-integrated with TV middleware and Operator Tier Custom Launcher as well as a range of back-end software components.
News categories: Wyplay, SmarDTV, Dominique Feral, Guillaume Reillon, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Wyplay comprehensive Android TV offering for operators
Jun 5, 2019 – Wyplay has released the most exhaustive Android TV offering on the market. Starting from its video solution, Wyplay has tailored its software to fit with the Android TV ecosystem. This is then complemented by a full range of Professional Services.
News categories: Wyplay, Jacques Bourgnignaud, Android TV, ANGA COM, Big Data, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Mobile, QoE, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca and Wyplay build pre-integrated end-to-end TV platform
Jun 3, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) and Wyplay have joined forces to build a pre-integrated end-to-end TV platform. The platform is targeted at operators or content providers wishing to deploy best in class services while minimizing complexity and optimizing their internal resources.
News categories: Wyplay, Viaccess-Orca, Dominique Feral, Android TV, ANGA COM, Big Data, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Wyplay source code powers Telefónica IPTV in Argentina
Dec 11, 2018 – Wyplay has announced the deployment by Telefónica of an IPTV/FTTH pay TV service in Argentina based on the Frog Source Set Top Box software from Wyplay. Wyplay provided Professional Services and support to Telefónica.
News categories: Wyplay, Telefónica, Jacques Bourgninaud, Argentina, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Wyplay to work on HD and 4K DVR enhancements for Vrio
Dec 4, 2018 – Wyplay has announced that it has been contracted to work on enhancements to the newly launched HD and 4K DVRs for Latin America and SKY Brasil. The hybrid products provide satellite and internet enabled video streams and ISDB-T.
News categories: Wyplay, Vrio, Jacques Bourgninaud, Brazil, Caribbean, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Wyplay powers 4K Android IPTV STB from Proximus
Nov 28, 2018 – Proximus has introduced its V6 set-top box (STB) running Wyplay's latest generation Android software. Wyplay enabled Proximus to successfully transition from Linux to Android with a complete software solution and integration services.
News categories: Wyplay, Proximus, Jacques Bourgninaud, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Wyplay and Technicolor extend collaboration to Android TV
Sep 13, 2018 – Wyplay has announced the extension of its partnership with Technicolor to deliver the best user experience on Android TV Operator Tier devices. Wyplay will showcase its Android TV Custom Launcher on Technicolor Pearl set-top box at IBC.
News categories: Wyplay, Technicolor, Jacques Bourgnignaud, Gaëtan Delcroix, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2020, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020