Digital TV News: nc+
INSIDE Secure and ADB partner to secure mobile apps
Sep 12, 2013 – INSIDE Secure (NYSE Euronext: INSD) has announced that it is working with Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX: ADBN) to create secure, premium content iOS and Android mobile apps for operators. The first deployment emanating from the partnership is for nc+ in Poland.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Advanced Digital Broadcast, nc+, Apps, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Poland, Smartphone, Tablet
ADB launches broadcast/broadband multiscreen solution with NC+ as first customer
Sep 4, 2013 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (ADB) has announced ADB Multi-Screen, a software suite that combines broadcast and broadband delivery with home network content redistribution for an enhanced user experience across multiple screens at home and on the move.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, nc+, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Mobile, Poland, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Poland's nc+ has 2.3 million subscribers at end-June 2013
Aug 22, 2013 – TVN Group has announced financial results for the second quarter and the first half of 2013. nc+, the strategic associate of TVN, had 2.3 million post-paid subscribers at the end of June.
News categories: TVN Group, nc+, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
May 14, 2013 – Vivendi has released its first quarter 2013 results. At the end of March 2013, Canal+ Group's total subscription portfolio was up 285,000 year-on-year, thanks to good performances in the Canal+ Overseas territories, in particular in Africa and Vietnam.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, GVT, Africa, Brazil, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
NC+ satellite TV launches in Poland
Mar 21, 2013 – The combined satellite TV service, NC+, replacing Cyfra+ from Canal+ and 'n' from TVN has launched in Poland. There are 6 packages to choose from ranging from 70 channels with 17 channels of HD up to 130 channels with 50 channels of HD along with VOD and multiroom.
News categories: NC+, Digital TV, Poland, Satellite
Vivendi (Canal+, GVT, nc+) releases 2012 results
Feb 26, 2013 – Vivendi has released its 2012 results. Launched commercially in January 2012, the number of subscribers for GVT's pay-TV service reached 406,000 at the end of 2012. Canal+ France had 11.363 million subscriptions at the end of the year.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, GVT, Brazil, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite
CANAL+ and TVN begin merger of 'n' and CYFRA+ in Poland
Nov 30, 2012 – CANAL+ Group and TVN GROUP have announced the closing of their strategic partnership agreements and have started to merge their pay TV platforms n and CYFRA+, to create nc+, set to be Poland's leading premium pay TV operator.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, TVN GROUP, Digital TV, MandA, Poland, Satellite
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers