Digital TV News: HBO GO
Latin America OTT TV and video thrives despite free services
Aug 21, 2017 – Revenues from OTT TV episodes and movies for 19 Latin American countries will reach $4.6 billion in 2022; up from the $1.87 billion in 2016. SVOD will remain the region’s largest OTT revenue source, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, OTT
Telenor Hungary MyTV now available on the Xiaomi Mi Box
Jul 12, 2017 – Xiaomi's Mi Box is now available from Telenor. Telenor Hungary's customers can now enjoy Telenor’s online television service in their living room on yet another device. Using Mi Box, they can watch television via Wi-Fi rather than cable.
News categories: Telenor, Xiaomi, Android TV, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, OTT, Set Top Box
EU adopts rules to allow OTT roaming
May 18, 2017 – EU citizens with subscriptions for online films and TV will soon be able to access their content while temporarily in another EU country. The new rules will remove restrictions so that EU citizens can use online services while in another EU country for holidays, studies or business.
News categories: European Parliament, Digital TV, EU, OTT, Regulation
ABC selects BuyDRM multi-DRM for iview on-demand and catch up TV
May 16, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is now using their KeyOS MultiKey Service for their VOD and catchup service iview. Using KeyOS, iview will be able to deliver DASH, HLS and MSS encoded content using industry-leading DRMs.
News categories: BuyDRM, Australian Broadcasting Corp, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
AIS offers multiscreen IPTV in Thailand
Mar 22, 2017 – AIS has announced partnerships with multiple video entertainment providers including HBO. Mobile viewing is available through the AIS Play app, with AIS Fibre customer able to view at home via their AIS Playbox.
News categories: AIS, Prattana Leelapanang, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box, Thailand
NexStreaming pre-integrates Jump Data-as-a-Service platform
Mar 21, 2017 – NexStreaming has announced that NexPlayer SDK is pre-integrated with the Jump DaaS (Data as a Service) Platform. Video service providers will now deliver the best user experience with their video apps while providing a complete Insights platform for NexStreaming customers.
News categories: Jump, NexStreaming, Jerónimo Macanás, Jesús Herrero, Carlos Lucas, Big Data, Digital TV, Media Player, Video Exchange, Worldwide
EU agrees portability rules for online subscriptions
Feb 7, 2017 – Europeans will soon be able to fully use their online subscriptions to films, sports events, e-books, video games or music services when travelling within the EU, according to an agreement reached by negotiators of the European Parliament, the Member States and the European Commission.
News categories: European Commission, Digital TV, EU, OTT, Regulation
PlayStation Vue available on Sony Android TVs
Oct 27, 2016 – Sony has announced that the Internet-based live TV service PlayStation Vue is now available on all Sony's premium Android TVs. PlayStation Vue allows consumers to watch their live TV, movies and sports content without a cable or satellite subscription.
News categories: Sony Electronics, PlayStation, Mike Fasulo, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Hrvatski Telekom offers mobile TV without data usage fees
Oct 6, 2016 – Stream On, a service provided by Hrvatski Telekom, is now available. Stream On allows film enthusiasts and series addicts to watch entertainment content without the usage of data under their mobile tariff plan.
News categories: Hrvatski Telekom, Nataša Rapaić, Croatia, Digital TV, Mobile
- 52% of U.S. Smart Speaker owners are controlling TV with voice
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020