Digital TV News: Yves Padrines
Swisscom uses Cisco UHD encoding for live 4K content
Jun 30, 2016 – Swisscom TV 2.0, the leader of the Swiss digital TV market with over 1.4 million subscribers, has deployed the Cisco® Ultra High Definition (UHD) Live Encoding solution for its UHD viewing experience for the European Football Championship 2016.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Swisscom, Yves Padrines, Peter Fregelius, Content Distribution, IPTV, Switzerland
Cisco helps Altice with launch of global 'Zive' video service
Jan 6, 2016 – Cisco has announced that it provided technology for Altice's 'Zive' subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service. Zive is available to SFR customers in France, with plans to soon offer it in all Altice markets.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Altice, Yves Padrines, Max Blumberg, Belgium, Cable TV, Caribbean, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, France, IPTV, Israel, Luxembourg, Portugal, Switzerland
Sky Q to use Cisco security, software and services
Jan 6, 2016 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Sky is using Cisco video software solutions to power its Sky Q home entertainment system. Sky is using Cisco's VideoGuard Everywhere security and Cisco is also providing headend components and set-top box middleware.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky, Yves Padrines, Andrew Olson, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Ireland, Middleware, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
beIN SPORTS selects Cisco Videoscape TV
Jan 21, 2015 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that beIN SPORTS has selected the Cisco Videoscape TV services delivery platform to deliver advanced sports video experiences across 20+ countries in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
News categories: Cisco Systems, beIN SPORTS, Yves Padrines, Yousef Mohammed Al-Obaidly, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middle-East, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Vodafone showcases 4K capability with Cisco at IFA 2014
Sep 4, 2014 – Cisco has announced that it is collaborating with Vodafone Germany to develop Germany’s first 4K capable set-top box, to be demonstrated at IFA 2014 in Berlin. The 4K, Ultra HD offering will be available to subscribers within the first half of 2015.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Vodafone, Yves Padrines, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Cisco deploys RDK with Hrvatski Telekom for IPTV pilot
Mar 17, 2014 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that it has successfully implemented the industry's first Reference Design Kit (RDK)-based IPTV system for pilot purposes in Croatia's largest operator, Hrvatski Telekom.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Hrvatski Telekom, Mario Gojčeta, Yves Padrines, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, RDK, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Stofa deploys Cisco CCAP solution in Denmark
Jan 20, 2014 – Danish broadband and cable TV-provider Stofa has deployed Cisco's Converged Cable Access Platform (CCAP), enabling it to simultaneously handle VOD and broadband traffic within the same access platform.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Stofa, Thomas Helbo, Yves Padrines, Torben Drews, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV
Telenet Selects Cisco Videoscape Snowflake to Provide Multiscreen Yelo TV User Experience
Mar 5, 2013 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Telenet, a cable TV operator in Belgium, has selected the Cisco Videoscape™ Snowflake user interface to provide advanced navigation of content and services across its platform.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware
GET to Deliver a New Connected Entertainment Experience for Subscribers with Cisco Videoscape Unity
Mar 5, 2013 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that GET, a cable operator in Norway, has selected the Cisco Videoscape™ Unity video services delivery platform for the next generation of its service, including personalized and synchronized TV across multiple devices.
News categories: Cisco Systems, GET, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Norway, TV Everywhere
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution