Cambodia Digital TV News
Minerva Passes 200 IPTV Deployment Milestone
Aug 23, 2010 – Recent wins including Craw-Kan Telephone Cooperative and Swiftel Communications in North America, ICE in Costa Rica, PCCTV in Cambodia, and Palm Hills Development in the Middle East have increased the total number of Minerva's worldwide IPTV deployments to over two hundred (200).
News categories: Minerva Networks, Cambodia, Costa Rica, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, USA
Thaicom DTV Service sells 246,000 dishes in 2009
Feb 19, 2010 – Thaicom (Bangkok:THCOM) has released its annual financial statements for 2009. In 2009, DTV Service Co. had a continued growth of DTV sales volume. At 2009-end, the number of DTV satellite dish sets sold thus far by DTV was 592,886.
News categories: Thaicom, DTV Service, Cambodia, Laos, Results, Satellite, Thailand
ASEAN reaches agreement on specifications for Set-top Boxes and Analogue Broadcasting Switch-off
Jun 19, 2008 – The 6th ASEAN Digital Broadcasting (ADB) Meeting in Singapore successfully concluded with officials agreeing on a common set of technical specifications for Standard Definition and High Definition digital set-top-boxes for ASEAN.
News categories: ASEAN, Brunei, Cambodia, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
THAICOM Announces First Quarter 2008 Results
May 14, 2008 – DTV Service Co, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Thaicom (SET BKK: THCOM), has announced that at the end of the first quarter a total of 145,762 DTV satellite dish sets had been sold since the service was launched in mid 2007.
News categories: THAICOM, Cambodia, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Thailand
Portable Video Playback On The Rise Across Asia; GfK Asia Expects Asian Consumers to Purchase More than 10 Million Portable Video Players in 2007
Aug 24, 2007 – GfK Asia releases its 2007 Half Year Pan Asian Consumer Electronics Data Summary, highlighting the trends in the region's consumer electronics sector.
News categories: Asia, Australia, Cambodia, Camcorder, China, Digital TV, DVD, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Optical Disc Recorder, Philippines, Singapore, Smart TV, Tablet, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
ASEAN to define guidelines for adoption of digital TV by 2008
Jun 21, 2007 – ASEAN countries are looking to set up a list of criteria to encourage the adoption of digital TV in the region by 2008.
News categories: Asia, Brunei, Cambodia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Set Top Box, Singapore, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
Ninth Conference of the ASEAN Ministers Responsible for Information concludes
May 24, 2007 – The Ministers endorsed DVB-T as the common digital terrestrial television broadcasting standard for ASEAN and took note of the proposal by some ASEAN Member Countries for ASEAN to work towards 2015 as a common switch-off date.
News categories: Asia, Brunei, Cambodia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote