Cambodia Digital TV News
Thaicom DTV Service sells 246,000 dishes in 2009
Feb 19, 2010 – Thaicom (Bangkok:THCOM) has released its annual financial statements for 2009. In 2009, DTV Service Co. had a continued growth of DTV sales volume. At 2009-end, the number of DTV satellite dish sets sold thus far by DTV was 592,886.
News categories: Thaicom, DTV Service, Cambodia, Laos, Results, Satellite, Thailand
ASEAN reaches agreement on specifications for Set-top Boxes and Analogue Broadcasting Switch-off
Jun 19, 2008 – The 6th ASEAN Digital Broadcasting (ADB) Meeting in Singapore successfully concluded with officials agreeing on a common set of technical specifications for Standard Definition and High Definition digital set-top-boxes for ASEAN.
News categories: ASEAN, Brunei, Cambodia, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
THAICOM Announces First Quarter 2008 Results
May 14, 2008 – DTV Service Co, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Thaicom (SET BKK: THCOM), has announced that at the end of the first quarter a total of 145,762 DTV satellite dish sets had been sold since the service was launched in mid 2007.
News categories: THAICOM, Cambodia, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Thailand
Portable Video Playback On The Rise Across Asia; GfK Asia Expects Asian Consumers to Purchase More than 10 Million Portable Video Players in 2007
Aug 24, 2007 – GfK Asia releases its 2007 Half Year Pan Asian Consumer Electronics Data Summary, highlighting the trends in the region's consumer electronics sector.
News categories: Asia, Australia, Cambodia, Camcorder, China, Digital TV, DVD, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Optical Disc Recorder, Philippines, Singapore, Smart TV, Tablet, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
ASEAN to define guidelines for adoption of digital TV by 2008
Jun 21, 2007 – ASEAN countries are looking to set up a list of criteria to encourage the adoption of digital TV in the region by 2008.
News categories: Asia, Brunei, Cambodia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Set Top Box, Singapore, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
Ninth Conference of the ASEAN Ministers Responsible for Information concludes
May 24, 2007 – The Ministers endorsed DVB-T as the common digital terrestrial television broadcasting standard for ASEAN and took note of the proposal by some ASEAN Member Countries for ASEAN to work towards 2015 as a common switch-off date.
News categories: Asia, Brunei, Cambodia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs