Cambodia Digital TV News
Minerva Passes 200 IPTV Deployment Milestone
Aug 23, 2010 – Recent wins including Craw-Kan Telephone Cooperative and Swiftel Communications in North America, ICE in Costa Rica, PCCTV in Cambodia, and Palm Hills Development in the Middle East have increased the total number of Minerva's worldwide IPTV deployments to over two hundred (200).
News categories: Minerva Networks, Cambodia, Costa Rica, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, USA
Thaicom DTV Service sells 246,000 dishes in 2009
Feb 19, 2010 – Thaicom (Bangkok:THCOM) has released its annual financial statements for 2009. In 2009, DTV Service Co. had a continued growth of DTV sales volume. At 2009-end, the number of DTV satellite dish sets sold thus far by DTV was 592,886.
News categories: Thaicom, DTV Service, Cambodia, Laos, Results, Satellite, Thailand
ASEAN reaches agreement on specifications for Set-top Boxes and Analogue Broadcasting Switch-off
Jun 19, 2008 – The 6th ASEAN Digital Broadcasting (ADB) Meeting in Singapore successfully concluded with officials agreeing on a common set of technical specifications for Standard Definition and High Definition digital set-top-boxes for ASEAN.
News categories: ASEAN, Brunei, Cambodia, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Set Top Box, Singapore, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
THAICOM Announces First Quarter 2008 Results
May 14, 2008 – DTV Service Co, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Thaicom (SET BKK: THCOM), has announced that at the end of the first quarter a total of 145,762 DTV satellite dish sets had been sold since the service was launched in mid 2007.
News categories: THAICOM, Cambodia, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Thailand
Portable Video Playback On The Rise Across Asia; GfK Asia Expects Asian Consumers to Purchase More than 10 Million Portable Video Players in 2007
Aug 24, 2007 – GfK Asia releases its 2007 Half Year Pan Asian Consumer Electronics Data Summary, highlighting the trends in the region's consumer electronics sector.
News categories: Asia, Australia, Cambodia, Camcorder, China, Digital TV, DVD, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Optical Disc Recorder, Philippines, Singapore, Smart TV, Tablet, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
ASEAN to define guidelines for adoption of digital TV by 2008
Jun 21, 2007 – ASEAN countries are looking to set up a list of criteria to encourage the adoption of digital TV in the region by 2008.
News categories: Asia, Brunei, Cambodia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Set Top Box, Singapore, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
Ninth Conference of the ASEAN Ministers Responsible for Information concludes
May 24, 2007 – The Ministers endorsed DVB-T as the common digital terrestrial television broadcasting standard for ASEAN and took note of the proposal by some ASEAN Member Countries for ASEAN to work towards 2015 as a common switch-off date.
News categories: Asia, Brunei, Cambodia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E