Latin America Digital TV News
Telefonica selects NAGRA anti-piracy analytics for LATAM
Jul 18, 2023 – Telefónica has selected Anti-Piracy services from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S). The solution identifies, monitors and displays pirate activity as well as alerting Telefónica to illicit patterns of activity.
News categories: NAGRA, Telefónica, Pascal Metral, Delia Álvarez, Content Protection, Digital TV, Latin America
Insys Video taps into LATAM market with Power Diamond
Jul 14, 2023 – Insys Video Technologies and Power Diamond (PWD) have partnered to provide customers in Latin America with white label OTT solutions and tools for online video streaming.
News categories: Insys Video, Power Diamond, Krzysztof Bartkowski, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
Simpletv launches Simpleplus platform in Venezuela with TVUP
Jul 12, 2023 – Simpletv has launched Simpleplus in Venezuela, powered by technology from TVUP. The TV service is available on phones and tablets (Android, iOS), Android TV devices, Chromecast and Fire TV.
News categories: TVUP, Simpletv, Eudald Domènech, Kathy Di Battista, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Venezuela
CIS Group and Veset power CNN Brazil on Samsung TV Plus
Jul 12, 2023 – CNN Brazil is making its news channel available on Samsung TV Plus using Veset's cloud playout solution, adding connected TV to its existing cable TV and YouTube distribution.
News categories: Veset, CIS Group, CNN Brazil, Gatis Gailis, Felipe Andrade, Rafael Duzzi, Apps, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Smart TV, Streaming
Mirada launches super-aggregation framework with izzi deployment
Jul 11, 2023 – Mirada has announced the deployment of its Instant Super-Aggregation Framework at izzi in Mexico. The technology enables the aggregation of content catalogues into video services.
News categories: Mirada, izzi, José-Luis Vázquez, Carlos Eduardo Romero, Bernardo Espinosa, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico
Claro Colombia selects TVkey for direct-to-TV offering
Jun 19, 2023 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Claro Colombia has selected TVkey Cloud as a direct-to-TV offering, on Samsung smart TVs, for its Claro tv+ service.
News categories: NAGRA, Claro Colombia, Samsung, Sebastian Kramer, Rodrigo de Gusmao, Colombia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV
TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
Jun 7, 2023 – MediaKind has announced that TV Globo's EPTV will deploy its edge video processing to deliver better quality, security and reliability for video contribution and distribution over the open internet.
News categories: MediaKind, Globo, Avicom, Juan Pizarro, José Francisco Valencia, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
Jun 6, 2023 – VIDAA and Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) have announced a partnership to bring Paramount+ to smart TVs powered by VIDAA in Canada and Latin America, including Brazil.
News categories: VIDAA, Paramount+, Nick Ruczaj, Marco Nobili, Apps, Brazil, Canada, Digital TV, Latin America, Smart TV, Streaming
Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
May 29, 2023 – Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI) has unveiled research showing that 75% of internet-connected TV viewers across Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Mexico watch ad-supported streaming TV.
News categories: Magnite, Advertising, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set