Latin America Digital TV News
Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
Jan 19, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) has announced launch dates for Paramount+. The rollout starts on March 4, 2021 in the U.S. and Latin America. CBS All Access in Canada will be rebranded to Paramount+ on the same date.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Latin America, Norway, OTT, Sweden, USA
Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
Jan 14, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) and Philco have announced a partnership that will bring the Philco Roku TV models to consumers in Brazil. The new Philco Roku TV models run the latest Roku operating system.
News categories: Roku, Philco, Arthur van Rest, Cristiane Clausen, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
Nordija and Pontis offer end-to-end IPTV/OTT platform for LatAm
Dec 21, 2020 – Nordija and Pontis Technologies have joined forces to offer a complete end-to-end IPTV/OTT platform, aiming to meet the current needs and requirements of the LATAM market.
News categories: Nordija, Pontis, Lorena Zapata, Leonardo Gioino, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HTML5, IPTV, Latin America, OTT
Samsung TV Plus expands to 12 countries with over 740 channels
Dec 21, 2020 – Samsung has announced that Samsung TV Plus has now expanded to 12 countries and 742 channels worldwide, bringing access to over 60 million Samsung Smart TVs. Recent new countries include Australia and Brazil.
News categories: Samsung, Seline Sangsook Han, Apps, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, OTT, Smart TV, Spain, Switzerland, UK, USA
AOC Brazil launches Smart TV powered by ZEASN
Dec 18, 2020 – ZEASN has announced the arrival of its Whale OS Turnkey Solution in Brazil. In partnership with TPV Group, the Whale OS powered AOC Smart TV Series 6305 (Model 50U6305) has launched in Brazil.
News categories: ZEASN, AOC Brazil, TPV Group, Jason He, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, UX
ATEME transcoding powers FasterNet HD expansion in Brazil
Dec 16, 2020 – ATEME has announced that FasterNet has implemented ATEME TITAN Live to deliver HD channels over its IPTV platform. With approximately 100,000 subscribers, FasterNet is one of the main ISPs operating in São Paulo.
News categories: ATEME, FasterNet, Márcio Pena, Douglas Arruda, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
HBO Max to expand into Latin America and Europe in 2H 2021
Dec 3, 2020 – The head of HBO Max Global, Andy Forssell, has said that, during the second half of 2021, HBO Max would be expanding into Latin America and Europe. HBO Max's US launch was in May this year.
News categories: HBO Max, Andy Forssell, Casey Bloys, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, OTT
DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
Dec 1, 2020 – Vrio has announced the launch of DIRECTV GO in Brazil. The platform combines live national and international programming with streaming content. DIRECTV GO is already available in Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and Uruguay.
News categories: Vrio, DIRECTV GO, Estanislau Bassols, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT
Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
Nov 19, 2020 – Mirada has integrated Disney+ into its Iris multiscreen product, with deployment on the izzi pay TV platform in Mexico. Customers can now access Disney+ directly on 'izzitv smart' without the need for a separate subscription.
News categories: Mirada, izzi, José Luis Vázquez, Salvi Folch, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E