Digital TV News: 1&1
Competition authorities approve Tamedia investment in Zattoo
Apr 2, 2019 – In August 2018 Tamedia announced that it intended to increase its holding in Zattoo to over 50%. Following their examination, the Swiss Federal Competition Commission (COMCO) and the Federal Cartel Office of Germany have approved Tamedia’s majority interest.
News categories: Zattoo, Tamedia, Bea Knecht, Nick Brambring, Samuel Hügli, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, MnA, Regulation, Switzerland
MX1 provides content aggregation for 1&1's cloud TV
Feb 13, 2018 – MX1 has announced that it is providing content aggregation for a number of channels from 1&1's newest TV offerings. As Germany's first fully cloud-based TV service, 1&1 offers its DSL customers HD television via the Internet.
News categories: MX1, 1&1, Christoph Mühleib, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
1&1 launches multiscreen IPTV in Germany with ABOX42
Jan 8, 2018 – ABOX42 has announced that 1&1, a tier 1 internet and telephone service provider in Germany, has launched a multiscreen IPTV service powered by ABOX42’s M30-Series smart STB platform.
News categories: ABOX42, 1&1, Matthias Greve, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
Germany's 1&1 launches IPTV service
Jan 29, 2015 – German ISP 1&1 has begun to re-sell Deutsche Telekom's Entertain IPTV service to its VDSL broadband customers. The service 'Digital TV - provided by Telekom' has been available since January 20th, 2015.
News categories: 1&1, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
Winbox Technologies AG closing equity financing with leading German Venture Capital company TVM Capital
Jun 11, 2008 – Winbox Technologies has announced the closure of the first institutional equity financing round with lead-investor TVM Capital and angel-entrepreneur Robert Schneider, founder and longstanding CEO of publicly listed SCM Microsystems.
News categories: Winbox, TVM Capital, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Software, Venture Capital
Intellon Announces 12 Service Providers Worldwide Now Deploying Intellon HomePlug® ICs for IPTV Applications
Jan 2, 2007 – Intellon has announced that 12 service providers in Europe and Asia are now using Intellon™'s HomePlug ICs for in-home IPTV distribution.
News categories: Intellon, Digital TV, France, Hong Kong, Iceland, IPTV, Korea, Poland, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Taiwan
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent
- Salzburg AG launches 'TV Plus' IPTV with Ocilion
- Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance releases 1st set of specifications
- Orange France launches Livebox 5 gateway