Digital TV News: 1&1
Competition authorities approve Tamedia investment in Zattoo
Apr 2, 2019 – In August 2018 Tamedia announced that it intended to increase its holding in Zattoo to over 50%. Following their examination, the Swiss Federal Competition Commission (COMCO) and the Federal Cartel Office of Germany have approved Tamedia’s majority interest.
News categories: Zattoo, Tamedia, Bea Knecht, Nick Brambring, Samuel Hügli, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, MnA, Regulation, Switzerland
MX1 provides content aggregation for 1&1's cloud TV
Feb 13, 2018 – MX1 has announced that it is providing content aggregation for a number of channels from 1&1's newest TV offerings. As Germany's first fully cloud-based TV service, 1&1 offers its DSL customers HD television via the Internet.
News categories: MX1, 1&1, Christoph Mühleib, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
1&1 launches multiscreen IPTV in Germany with ABOX42
Jan 8, 2018 – ABOX42 has announced that 1&1, a tier 1 internet and telephone service provider in Germany, has launched a multiscreen IPTV service powered by ABOX42’s M30-Series smart STB platform.
News categories: ABOX42, 1&1, Matthias Greve, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
Germany's 1&1 launches IPTV service
Jan 29, 2015 – German ISP 1&1 has begun to re-sell Deutsche Telekom's Entertain IPTV service to its VDSL broadband customers. The service 'Digital TV - provided by Telekom' has been available since January 20th, 2015.
News categories: 1&1, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
Winbox Technologies AG closing equity financing with leading German Venture Capital company TVM Capital
Jun 11, 2008 – Winbox Technologies has announced the closure of the first institutional equity financing round with lead-investor TVM Capital and angel-entrepreneur Robert Schneider, founder and longstanding CEO of publicly listed SCM Microsystems.
News categories: Winbox, TVM Capital, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Software, Venture Capital
Intellon Announces 12 Service Providers Worldwide Now Deploying Intellon HomePlug® ICs for IPTV Applications
Jan 2, 2007 – Intellon has announced that 12 service providers in Europe and Asia are now using Intellon™'s HomePlug ICs for in-home IPTV distribution.
News categories: Intellon, Digital TV, France, Hong Kong, Iceland, IPTV, Korea, Poland, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Taiwan
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020