Digital TV News: ARM
evision launches 'STARZ ON' AVOD/FAST streaming service
Nov 7, 2023 – evision has unveiled its free OTT streaming platform, STARZ ON, providing access to AVOD/FAST content on Android and iOS devices for users in the MENA region and West Africa.
News categories: evision, e&, Olivier Bramly, Khalifa Al Shamsi, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
Disney+ introduces ad-supported and ad-free UK plans
Nov 1, 2023 – Disney+ in the UK has introduced an ad-supported subscription plan, alongside two ad-free options, offering consumers a range of subscription plans and increased flexibility to suit their needs.
News categories: Disney+, Luke Bradley Jones, Deborah Armstrong, Digital TV, Streaming, UK
Netflix reports third quarter 2023 results
Oct 18, 2023 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has announced third quarter 2023 results. Revenue in Q3'23 grew 8% YoY, reflecting a 9% YoY increase in average paid memberships (8.8M paid net additions vs. 2.4M in Q3'22).
News categories: Netflix, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Middle-East, North America, Results, Streaming, Subscribers
Kantar to continue as TV measurement provider for Romania
Oct 5, 2023 – Kantar Media has signed an agreement with ARMA for the continued provision of broadcast TV ratings for Romania. The contract will run until the end of 2027.
News categories: Kantar, ARMA, Mesut Sakal, Lucia Antal, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Romania
Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
Sep 7, 2023 – DIAGNAL has supported enhancements to Intigral's entertainment services, working on improving navigation, introducing a kids mode, creating a branded sports section and launching the service in French.
News categories: DIAGNAL, Intigral, Reuben Verghese, Bill Sharp, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, UX
Verimatrix, Beacon and Amlogic extend STB security to BYOD
Sep 6, 2023 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has announced customizable anti-piracy defensive countermeasures and threat intelligence built inside Android TV STBs from Beacon, integrated with Amlogic.
News categories: Verimatrix, Beacon, Amlogic, Sofia Regojo, Richard Kim, James Xie, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2023, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NewSpace India partners with Tata Play to commission GSAT-24
Aug 7, 2023 – NewSpace India (NSIL) has collaborated with Tata Play on the launch of its GSAT-24 satellite. The increased bandwidth provided by GSAT-24 will enable Tata Play to carry 50% more DTH channels.
News categories: NewSpace India, Tata Play, Radhakrishnan Durairaj, Harit Nagpal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
Jun 7, 2023 – Samsung's Exynos Auto V920 processor has been selected to power Hyundai Motor's IVI systems. The V920 enables display of driving information, as well as seamless playback of video content and games.
News categories: Samsung, Hyundai Motor, Jae Geol Pyee, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Semiconductor, UX, Worldwide
Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
May 23, 2023 – Imagination Technologies is bringing seamless visual experiences to consumer devices with the new IMG CXM GPU range which includes the smallest GPU to support HDR user interfaces natively.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, James Chapman, Dr. Charlie Su, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024