Digital TV News: Altech Multimedia
Altech Multimedia selects Ekioh's Twin Engine UI Browser
Sep 8, 2015 – Ekioh and Altech Multimedia have announced that Altech Multimedia has selected Ekioh's Twin Engine UI Browser for their high end DTR9401 IPTV set top box. The set top box has already been selected by a Middle Eastern network operator.
News categories: Ekioh, Altech Multimedia, Stephen Reeder, Marco Caputo, Digital TV, IBC2022, IPTV, Middle-East, Middleware, Set Top Box
Pay TV STB market contracts for the first time in 12 years
Jun 29, 2015 – Pay TV operators purchased $15.3 billion worth of set-top boxes (STBs) in 2014, down from $15.9 billion in 2013. This decline represents the first contraction in the market since 2002, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Daniel Simmons, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Altech selects DivX HEVC Ultra HD and DivX Plus HD for STBs
Jan 20, 2015 – DivX and Altech have announced an agreement to license and integrate DivX Plus HD and DivX HEVC technology into Altech's upcoming set-top boxes. The devices will be made available to consumers through retail and operator channels.
News categories: DivX, Altech, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Marco Caputo, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, South Africa, Streaming, Worldwide
Altech to offer HTML5 apps via the Opera TV Store
Sep 23, 2014 – Altech Multimedia and Opera Software are extending their partnership to bring the Opera TV Store application platform on board selected Altech set-top boxes, kicking off in Australia before rolling out internationally.
News categories: Opera Software, Altech Multimedia, Aneesh Rajaram, Russell Futter, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, Set Top Box
Octoshape and Altech partner for OTT/IPTV in the Middle-East and Africa
Jul 30, 2014 – Octoshape and Altech Multimedia have announced that they have entered into a partnership to offer video contribution and distribution solutions to major broadcasters and operators in the Middle East and Africa.
News categories: Octoshape, Altech Multimedia, Michael Koehn Milland, Paulo Caldeira, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middle-East, Set Top Box, Streaming
Altech UEC manufactures 20 millionth set-top box
Mar 6, 2014 – South Africa's Altech UEC has celebrated the production of its twenty millionth set-top box in February 2014. The biggest market for Altech UEC at the moment is the rest of Africa due to the roll-out of DTT.
News categories: Altech UEC, Danie du Toit, Africa, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Altech Multimedia and 'yes' Israel extend partnership
Nov 13, 2013 – Altech Multimedia and DBS Satellite Services ('YES') have signed an agreement for the provision of a new generation of set-top boxes to the Israeli satellite pay-TV provider. The set-top boxes are based Broadcom chipsets.
News categories: Altech Multimedia, 'yes', Ron Eilon, Bartolomeo Caputo, Digital TV, Israel, Satellite, Set Top Box
Digiturk and Altech Multimedia to launch hybrid HD set-top-box
Sep 17, 2013 – Digiturk has launched a next generation hybrid set-top box developed by its partner Altech Multimedia. The new line of set-tops integrates TeleIDEA's Smartware with Irdeto Conditional Access to secure Digiturk's broadcast content.
News categories: Altech, Digiturk, TeleIDEA, Irdeto, Taylan Özsipahi, Bartolomeo Caputo, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2022, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
Altech Multimedia and Digiturk introduce next generation hybrid set-top box
Mar 12, 2013 – Altech Multimedia and Digiturk have announced that they will jointly launch a next generation hybrid set-top box aimed at the evolving markets in Turkey and beyond. Altech Multimedia has supplied over 200,000 PVR products to Digiturk since its launch in 2010.
News categories: Altech Multimedia, Digiturk, CABSAT, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, HbbTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania