Digital TV News: Aston
Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
Jan 25, 2023 – Disney Advertising and EDO have entered into an agreement to apply EDO's engagement metrics to Disney’s streaming footprint, starting with Hulu. As a result, advertisers will get greater insight into how Disney's content is performing.
News categories: EDO, Disney Advertising, Edward Norton, Danielle Brown, Michael Piner, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
MediaTek releases Pentonic 1000 4K 120Hz Smart TV SoC
Nov 11, 2022 – MediaTek has launched the Pentonic 1000, its latest smart TV SoC designed for 4K 120Hz displays. Pentonic 1000 combines a multi-core CPU, dual-core GPU, dedicated AI processing unit and video decoding engines into a single chip.
News categories: MediaTek, Alex Chen, Mathias Bendull, Digital TV, ICs, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaTek TV SoC supports Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail
Mar 23, 2022 – MediaTek has announced that it is the first TV SoC vendor to support Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail. Precision Detail is a feature for TVs with Dolby Vision IQ, revealing detail in both bright and dark areas.
News categories: MediaTek, Dolby, Alex Chen, Mathias Bendull, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Hisense unveils premium product lineup at CES 2022
Jan 4, 2022 – This year, Hisense is delivering bigger screens, upgraded technologies like ULED and Mini LED, content platforms and features such as Google TV and ATSC 3.0, and upgrades to smart home, audio and gaming features.
News categories: Hisense, David Gold, Android TV, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Gaming, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Irdeto multi-DRM issues record-breaking number of new licenses
Nov 10, 2021 – Irdeto has announced the continuous strong growth of DRM licenses issued, with an increase of 162% licenses issued in the last 15 months. The number of licenses has grown from 1.3 billion in June 2020 to 3.4 billion in October 2021.
News categories: Irdeto, Shane McCarthy, Digital TV, DRM, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
TCL introduces 5-Series and 6-Series TVs with Google TV
Aug 10, 2021 – TCL has announced pricing and availability of the first TCL TV lines with Google TV across its premium and high-performance 5- and 6-Series, enhancing its portfolio of award-winning televisions.
News categories: TCL, Chris Larson, Digital TV, North America, Smart TV, TV OS
Plex raises $50 million from investor Intercap
Apr 14, 2021 – Plex has completed a growth equity round of $50 million with Intercap. The financing includes $15 million in new capital for Plex, with the remainder used to purchase shares and options from employees and shareholders.
News categories: Plex, Intercap, Keith Valory, Jason Chapnik, James Merkur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital, Worldwide
European VOD revenues increased 30-fold over the last ten years
Feb 9, 2021 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has released a report that focuses on the evolution of the SVOD, TVOD and AVOD/BVOD markets in the European Union (EU28) and their impact on traditional audiovisual markets.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Digital TV, EU, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Subscription TV viewers soared in Australia during 2020
Jan 12, 2021 – Data from Roy Morgan shows Australians consumed subscription TV services at an astonishing rate during 2020 with 17.3 million Australians (82.1%) watching a subscription TV service in an average four week period.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media