Digital TV News: CAI
ucfunnel to deliver advertising via Express LUCK built Smart TVs
Mar 17, 2021 – ucfunnel has announced a partnership with Express LUCK, an ODM manufacturer, to deliver data-driven advertisements using ucfunnel's marketing automation solution to Express LUCK's Smart TVs users.
News categories: ucfunnel, Express LUCK, Kenny Wu, Sherman Chan, Advertising, Digital TV, Latin America, North America, Smart TV
VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
Mar 4, 2021 – VisualOn has announced the launch of VisualOn WatchParty, a co-watching solution that combines video viewing and socializing in an advanced, easy-to-deploy package.
News categories: VisualOn, Yang Cai, Media Player, Social TV, Streaming, Worldwide
OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
Mar 4, 2021 – SportsTribal TV is the free, ad-supported streaming TV (FAST) service specializing in sports. Using Stoneroos’s white-label OTT NOW! front-end solution SportsTribal TV ensured a fast time-to-market for the service.
News categories: Stoneroos, SportsTribal, Annelies Kaptein, Frank Bowe, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
Triax dSCR products achieve EICS certification
Feb 15, 2021 – dSCR products from Triax have passed DTG Testing and CAI’s European-wide assurance scheme for TV and Satellite distribution equipment known as the European IRS Certification Scheme (EICS).
News categories: DTG Testing, CAI, Triax, Alex Buchan, Peter Sealey, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, UK
HBO Max to arrive in Latin America in June 2021
Feb 11, 2021 – WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming platform, HBO Max, is scheduled to launch in late June in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean, marking the first availability for the platform outside the U.S.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Streaming, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
Jan 27, 2021 – Rohde & Schwarz (R&S) has announced a contract win with the Egyptian National Media Authority (ENMA). R&S will equip multiple transmission sites with its TMV9evo DVB-T2 transmitters.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, ENMA, Manfred Reitmeier, Maysa Kamel, Ahmed Abdelmohsen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Egypt
Movistar+ presents app platform for making purchases via the TV
Dec 18, 2020 – Movistar+ has launched a TV-commerce application platform to enable its users to make purchases via their TVs in the comfort of their homes. 'Living Apps' enable purchases to be made using the remote control or by voice.
News categories: Movistar, Óscar Solá, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain
Inverto first with EICS TV distribution equipment certification
Nov 30, 2020 – Inverto has become the first company to pass DTG Testing and CAI’s newly launched European-wide assurance scheme for TV and Satellite distribution equipment known as the European IRS Certification Scheme (EICS).
News categories: DTG Testing, CAI, Inverto, Alex Buchan, Peter Sealey, Digital TV, Europe, LNB, Set Top Box
Eutelsat launches Sat.tv EPG for free-to-air channels
Nov 2, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has successfully launched Sat.tv, its enhanced EPG for FTA channels. The service is already operating at 7/8°W, serving homes in the MENA region as well as being rolled-out to other Eutelsat video neighborhoods.
News categories: Eutelsat, Philippe Oliva, Michael Cairns, Serge Schick, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution