Digital TV News: DTS
DTS-HD sound technology added to Alibaba Tmall Box STB
Apr 13, 2015 – DTS (Nasdaq: DTSI) has announced that its DTS-HD sound technology has been integrated into the Tmall Box set-top box from Alibaba (NYSE:BABA). The Tmall Box is powered by an Amlogic quad-core SoC.
News categories: DTS, Alibaba, Amlogic, Brian Towne, Patrick Liu, China, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Telefónica takes the lead in pay TV subscribers in Spain
Apr 11, 2015 – Spain’s Markets and Competition Commission (CNMC) has published statistics for the fourth quarter of 2014. In the quarter, total pay TV subscribers rose by 350,000 to pass the 5 million mark, driven once again almost entirely by growth in IPTV subscribers at Telefónica.
News categories: CNMC, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Silicon Image introduces world's first superMHL/HDMI 2.0 port processor
Mar 16, 2015 – Silicon Image has announced the world’s first superMHL/HDMI 2.0 port processor. The SiI9779 supports superMHL which is targeted at the home theater/CE market and delivers 8K 60fps video and immersive object audio.
News categories: Silicon Image, Cheng Hwee Chee, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
ATSC begins review of ATSC 3.0 Audio System proposals
Mar 10, 2015 – The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) has begun its technical review of three detailed proposals for the audio system for the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television broadcast standard that is in the process of developing.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Mark Richer, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Media Player, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
M-GO VOD service to offer DTS-HD multi-channel surround sound
Feb 27, 2015 – DTS (Nasdaq: DTSI) and M-GO have announced an agreement for DTS to provide its DTS-HD multi-channel surround sound as part of M-GO's consumer experience. The audio encoding will be deployed in stages across all M-GO compatible devices over the coming months.
News categories: DTS, M-GO, Geir Skaaden, Arnaud Retureau, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Xiaomi launches 'Mi Box mini' streaming set-top box
Jan 15, 2015 – Xiaomi has announced the release of its Mi Box mini streaming set-top box in China. The box is one quarter the size of the previously announced Mi Box and fits directly into a mains socket.
News categories: Xiaomi, China, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
MHL Consortium announces superMHL - first to support 8K
Jan 6, 2015 – MHL Consortium has announced the superMHL™ specification, the next-generation of MHL® technology for CE and mobile devices. superMHL delivers higher resolution and frame rates along with 40W of power charging, while broadening MHL’s reach by supporting 8K video resolution.
News categories: MHL Consortium, Rob Tobias, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Deluxe expands 4K UHD capabilities of Deluxe OnDemand™
Dec 15, 2014 – Deluxe has announced enhancements to its cloud-based content supply and VOD management solution. The features enable service providers to launch 4K Ultra HD services without additional infrastructure investment or workflow costs.
News categories: Deluxe Digital Distribution, Todd Collart, Content Distribution, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
PRISA accepts Telefónica offer for CANAL+ stake
May 7, 2014 – Promotora de Informaciones (PRISA) has announced that its Board of Directors has resolved to accept the offer received from Telefónica for the purchase of PRISA’s stake of 56% in DTS Distribuidora de Televisión Digital.
News categories: PRISA, Telefónica, MandA, Satellite, Spain
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product