Digital TV News: Dataxis
Chile's Entel extends DTH pay TV service agreement with Hispasat
Apr 20, 2022 – Hispasat and Entel have agreed the extension of their DTH managed service agreement for Chile. Hispasat's service includes receiving, processing and broadcasting channels, satellite capacity, as well as the EPG service and CA.
News categories: Hispasat, Entel, Ignacio Sanchis, Daniel Rios, Chile, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Dataxis reports on fixed satellite communication market
Dec 15, 2021 – According to Dataxis, after years of significant growth, the decline in traditional video activity in the most developed countries is being sustained. Some regions are still appealing for satellite video however, most particularly Africa and MENA, as well as Asia-Pacific.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Despite recent growth, European AVOD market remains nascent
Dec 10, 2021 – Over the last three years, the number of AVOD users in Europe has significantly increased, according to Dataxis. Overall, there has been a noticeable growth acceleration in terms of traffic since 2018 in the continent.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
Nov 29, 2021 – According to Dataxis, in MENA's traditional pay TV market the share of DTH subscribers has stagnated in recent years. Simultaneously, the SVOD market has grown by 36% in 2020 and is expected to reach 45.6 million subscribers by 2026.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Streaming
Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
Oct 14, 2021 – According to Dataxis, the pay TV market in Europe is expected to slowly recover from the blow it suffered during the pandemic. Pay TV revenues in Europe should reach €33 billion in 2025, eventually topping its 2019 level.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
OTT subscriptions to overtake DTH in Australia and New Zealand by 2026
Oct 5, 2021 – According to Dataxis, OTT subscriptions in Australia and New Zealand will overtake DTH by 2026. DTH subscriptions will however still account for more than 40% and 66% of total subscriptions respectively in the two countries.
News categories: Dataxis, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand
Showmax and Netflix lead Sub-Saharan Africa's SVOD market
Sep 28, 2021 – According to Dataxis, Showmax and Netflix are the dominant players in the African SVOD market with subscriber shares of 31.6% and 29.7% respectively. Apple TV and Amazon Prime Video have struggled to get a foothold.
News categories: Dataxis, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming
Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
Sep 21, 2021 – According to Dataxis, at Q2 2021, Android TV could be found on around 26% of the global advanced STB installed base. Although striking, the share of Google’s platform actually decreased from 40% in 2015.
News categories: Dataxis, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Terrestrial broadcast infrastructure revenue stable in Europe
Jun 1, 2021 – Terrestrial broadcast network infrastructure operators in Europe garnered revenues exceeding €2.3 billion for TV and radio transmission in 2020, a stable amount compared to previous years, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Terrestrial
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.