Digital TV News: Dataxis
Chile's Entel extends DTH pay TV service agreement with Hispasat
Apr 20, 2022 – Hispasat and Entel have agreed the extension of their DTH managed service agreement for Chile. Hispasat's service includes receiving, processing and broadcasting channels, satellite capacity, as well as the EPG service and CA.
News categories: Hispasat, Entel, Ignacio Sanchis, Daniel Rios, Chile, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Dataxis reports on fixed satellite communication market
Dec 15, 2021 – According to Dataxis, after years of significant growth, the decline in traditional video activity in the most developed countries is being sustained. Some regions are still appealing for satellite video however, most particularly Africa and MENA, as well as Asia-Pacific.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Despite recent growth, European AVOD market remains nascent
Dec 10, 2021 – Over the last three years, the number of AVOD users in Europe has significantly increased, according to Dataxis. Overall, there has been a noticeable growth acceleration in terms of traffic since 2018 in the continent.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
Nov 29, 2021 – According to Dataxis, in MENA's traditional pay TV market the share of DTH subscribers has stagnated in recent years. Simultaneously, the SVOD market has grown by 36% in 2020 and is expected to reach 45.6 million subscribers by 2026.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Streaming
Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
Oct 14, 2021 – According to Dataxis, the pay TV market in Europe is expected to slowly recover from the blow it suffered during the pandemic. Pay TV revenues in Europe should reach €33 billion in 2025, eventually topping its 2019 level.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
OTT subscriptions to overtake DTH in Australia and New Zealand by 2026
Oct 5, 2021 – According to Dataxis, OTT subscriptions in Australia and New Zealand will overtake DTH by 2026. DTH subscriptions will however still account for more than 40% and 66% of total subscriptions respectively in the two countries.
News categories: Dataxis, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand
Showmax and Netflix lead Sub-Saharan Africa's SVOD market
Sep 28, 2021 – According to Dataxis, Showmax and Netflix are the dominant players in the African SVOD market with subscriber shares of 31.6% and 29.7% respectively. Apple TV and Amazon Prime Video have struggled to get a foothold.
News categories: Dataxis, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming
Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
Sep 21, 2021 – According to Dataxis, at Q2 2021, Android TV could be found on around 26% of the global advanced STB installed base. Although striking, the share of Google’s platform actually decreased from 40% in 2015.
News categories: Dataxis, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Terrestrial broadcast infrastructure revenue stable in Europe
Jun 1, 2021 – Terrestrial broadcast network infrastructure operators in Europe garnered revenues exceeding €2.3 billion for TV and radio transmission in 2020, a stable amount compared to previous years, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Terrestrial
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022