Digital TV News: Dataxis
Terrestrial broadcast infrastructure revenue stable in Europe
Jun 1, 2021 – Terrestrial broadcast network infrastructure operators in Europe garnered revenues exceeding €2.3 billion for TV and radio transmission in 2020, a stable amount compared to previous years, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Terrestrial
Dataxis perspectives on advanced TV advertising in Europe
May 19, 2021 – With new capabilities brought onto TV screens by the deployment of IP based reception and digital OTT services, opportunities are flourishing for advanced advertising products bridging the gap between TV and digital.
News categories: Dataxis, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
HISPASAT to take over Media Networks Latin America
Apr 29, 2021 – HISPASAT is to take over Media Networks Latin America, a Telefónica subsidiary. Media Networks provides signal transport and management services to telecoms and TV operators using HISPASAT satellites at 61°W.
News categories: HISPASAT, Media Networks, Miguel Ángel Panduro, Alfonso Gómez Palacio, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, Satellite
Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
Apr 8, 2021 – According to Dataxis, Disney+' deployments in Southern Asia are going strong. With approximately 30 million subscribers already (30% of all Disney+ subscribers worldwide), Disney has surpassed its own expectations.
News categories: Dataxis, Disney+, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
Mar 3, 2021 – According to Dataxis, growth in OTT pay TV remains slow in Latin America. At end of 2020, the technology represents almost 1.3 million subscribers; barely 2% of the pay TV market.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, OTT
TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
Jan 22, 2021 – Looking at the evolution of TV markets in the Central Asia region over the past three years, Dataxis has observed growing opportunities for operators and broadcasters.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Tajikistan, Terrestrial, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
Chinese streaming platforms taking over SE Asian markets
Aug 25, 2020 – The Southeast Asian streaming industry has seen considerable changes this last year as Chinese streaming services have been taking over a large part of viewers and investing in local content, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Cambodia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Malaysia, Market Research, Myanmar, OTT, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
Aug 7, 2020 – Smart TVs have experienced widespread deployment in Latin America, according to Dataxis. By the end of 2020, there will be 111 million devices installed and SVOD is expected to be available in 109.4 million homes.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
Jul 2, 2020 – According to Dataxis, within a saturating AVOD market, only a few players are standing out in terms of monthly active users: Vudu, Pluto TV, Tubi, and older players such as Hulu, Roku Channel and YouTube.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, OTT, USA
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership