Digital TV News: Digicel
MediaKind provides compression and transmitter infrastructure to Digicel in PNG
Sep 4, 2018 – MediaKind is supporting Digicel, the leading provider of digital TV in Papua New Guinea (PNG), to evolve its service, adding 48 new channels through deploying MediaKind’s compression headend technology and expanded transmitter infrastructure.
News categories: MediaKind, Digicel, Ken Yap, Alan Constant, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Melanesia, Terrestrial
Digicel PlayGo partners with Matrixstream for OTT Winter Olympics streaming
Feb 9, 2018 – Matrixstream is partnering with Digicel PlayGo to stream live Winter Olympic sporting events OTT in the Caribbean. The IPTV platform allows users to access 8 live Olympic feeds, including 24 hour Winter Olympic news, on any mobile device.
News categories: Matrixstream, Digicel PlayGo, Aaron Keogh, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Digicel Play smashes 100,000 customer milestone
Oct 31, 2016 – Digicel Play has announced that it has surpassed the 100,000 customer milestone across its markets in Barbados, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago – a year after the service was first launched in Jamaica.
News categories: Digicel Play, John Suranyi, Barbados, Digital TV, Jamaica, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
Digicel launches Play Go streaming app
Sep 1, 2016 – Digicel Play has announced the launch of Play Go, its live streaming service with premium and exclusive content for sports fans and TV lovers across its markets in the Caribbean.
News categories: Digicel, John Suranyi, Apps, Barbados, Caribbean, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Guyana, Jamaica, Mobile, OTT, Panama, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago
Digicel selects Agama for Video Service Assurance
Jul 5, 2016 – Agama has announced that Digicel has selected Agama to provide its end-to-end DTV monitoring solution. This solution covers the complete end-to-end hybrid IP/cable TV and OTT service distribution for linear and VoD services.
News categories: Agama, Digicel, Mikael Dahlgren, Krishna Phillipp, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Jamaica
20,000 subscribers for Jamaica's Digicel Play
Apr 4, 2016 – Digicel Play has announced that its service has passed the 20,000 subscriber mark in Jamaica, less than sixty days after reaching 10,000 customers.
News categories: Digicel, John Suranyi, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica, Subscribers
Verimatrix chosen for Digicel Play HD digital entertainment service
Jun 2, 2015 – Verimatrix has announced that Digicel New Media Ventures has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB to protect its Digicel Play high definition digital entertainment service offering.
News categories: Verimatrix, Digicel, Steve Oetegenn, Alan Constant, Caribbean, Central America, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Oceania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Digicel applies for pay TV licence in Trinidad and Tobago
Aug 18, 2014 – The Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago has announced that it has received an application from Digicel for a concession to provide a 'Subscription Broadcasting Service via a Telecommunications Network'.
News categories: Digicel, Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago, Digital TV, IPTV, Regulation, Trinidad and Tobago
Digicel set to launch pay TV in Papua New Guinea
Jul 8, 2014 – Digicel Papua New Guinea (Digicel PNG) has said that it plans to launch a terrestrial pay television service in November. The new TV offering, which is expected to grow to 30-40 channels, would be both free-to-air and prepaid.
News categories: Digicel PNG, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Melanesia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand