Digital TV News: Elisa
Elisa launches Android TV service with NAGRA, Technicolor, Tech4home and 3SS
Aug 17, 2021 – NAGRA, Technicolor, t4h and 3SS have announced that Elisa has gone live with its Elisa Elamus service. The multiscreen offering, based on Android TV Operator Tier, is available via DVB-C, DVB-T, IPTV and on OTT platforms.
News categories: 3SS, NAGRA, Technicolor, t4h, Elisa, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thierry Legrand, Mounir Toutah, Graça Candido, Andrus Hiiepuu, Android TV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Estonia, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX
Viaplay launches in the Baltics
Mar 9, 2021 – Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) has announced the launch of its Viaplay streaming service in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Up until now Viaplay has only been available in the Nordic countries.
News categories: NENT Group, Anders Jensen, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Streaming
Northern Waves reschedules Oslo TV conference to 2022
Feb 9, 2021 – Norigin Media has announced that the conference will not take place in Oslo in 2021. The TV technology and business conference will instead become a series of online compact conferences in the spring and autumn of 2021.
News categories: Norigin Media, Northern Waves, Ajey Anand, COVID-19, Norway, Show
Elisa to deploy Deep Discovery from TiVo
Nov 4, 2020 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced Deep Discovery, an API-based metadata solution. Elisa will use Deep Discovery in Finland to help customers of its video service, Elisa Viihde, find programming and movies.
News categories: Xperi, Elisa, Chris Ambrozic, Matt Milne, Magnus Pettersson, Big Data, Digital TV, Finland, UX
NENT Group and Elisa to launch combined streaming service in Finland
Oct 30, 2020 – NENT Group and Elisa will launch a streaming service Elisa Viihde Viaplay in Finland on 3 December. The service brings together content from Viaplay's Finnish 'Films & Series' package and Elisa's streaming service Elisa Viihde Aitio.
News categories: NENT Group, Elisa, Kim Poder, Ani Korpela, Digital TV, Finland, Streaming
NENT Group and Elisa to combine streaming services in Finland
Jun 24, 2020 – NENT Group and Elisa have announced that they will bring together their streaming services in Finland in Q4 2020. The combined standalone service will be called Elisa Viihde Viaplay.
News categories: NENT Group, Elisa, Anders Jensen, Veli-Matti Mattila, Digital TV, Finland, MandA, Streaming
Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
Jun 3, 2020 – According to Dataxis, in the Nordic markets, almost every household accesses TV through paid subscriptions. Free-to-air reception only grants access to the few public channels, pushing viewers to subscribe to pay services.
News categories: Dataxis, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, Market Research, Norway, Sweden
HTC unveils 5G mobile smart hub
Feb 25, 2019 – HTC has unveiled its HTC 5G Hub, a dedicated 5G mobile smart hub. The device enables 4K video streaming, low-latency gaming, and 5G mobile hotspot features for up to 20 users. Carriers across the globe will offer the HTC 5G Hub.
News categories: HTC, Cher Wang, 5G, Australia, Finland, Germany, MWC21, Router, Switzerland, UK, USA
EU cable industry revenue grows to €23.5 billion in 2016
Dec 4, 2017 – The European cable industry continued to show resiliency and steady growth in 2016, increasing 4 percent from the prior year, to €23.5 billion, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way