Digital TV News: Hot
Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
Jul 28, 2022 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2022. In the quarter, cable video customer net losses were 521,000 and at Sky, total customer relationships decreased by 255,000.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Asia Pacific online video revenue to grow to $73 billion by 2027
Jul 25, 2022 – Analysis released by Media Partners Asia (MPA) has indicated that total Asia Pacific online video industry revenue will grow by 16% year-on-year in 2022 to reach $49.2 billion. SVOD will contribute 50%; UGC AVOD, 37% and Premium AVOD, 13%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Cout, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Crackle Plus extends measurement relationship with iSpot.tv
Jul 6, 2022 – Crackle Plus (Nasdaq: CSSE) has renewed its relationship with iSpot.tv. iSpot.tv will continue to provide its Unified Measurement to the brands working with Crackle Plus to quantify the incremental reach delivered over linear.
News categories: Crackle, iSpot.tv, Darren Olive, Stu Schwartzapfel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Global entertainment & media revenues surge to $2.3 trillion
Jun 20, 2022 – According to PwC, the global entertainment and media (E&M) industry surged ahead last year, strongly outpacing global economic growth. Following a pandemic-related 2.3% decline in 2020, E&M revenue rose a strong 10.4% in 2021.
News categories: PwC, Werner Ballhaus, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Metaverse, Streaming, Worldwide
Crackle Plus expands CTV ad inventory with Amagi
Jun 7, 2022 – Amagi has announced a Connected TV ad inventory agreement with Crackle Plus (NASDAQ: CSSE). Amagi's ADS PLUS first-party ad platform supports over 700 content brands on 2,000+ channels, delivering over 50 billion ad impressions.
News categories: Amagi, Crackle, James M. Smith, Philippe Guelton, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
iWedia partners with Realtek to launch NextGen TV reference platform
Jun 7, 2022 – iWedia has partnered with Realtek to develop a reference platform to speed ATSC 3.0 deployment. The platform is based on Realtek's TV SoC and hardware platform integrated with the iWedia ATSC 3.0 broadcast/broadband stack and browser.
News categories: iWedia, Realtek, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Yee-Wei Huang, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
Southeast Asia added 2.8 million SVOD subscriptions in Q1 2022
May 31, 2022 – Southeast Asia (SEA) added 2.8 million net new SVOD subscriptions in Q1 2022 to reach an aggregate customer base of 39.5 million total subs, according to analysis published by Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Couto, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Airtel launches all-in-one fiber with 17 OTTs and 350 TV channels
May 30, 2022 – Airtel has launched three all-in-one plans built for the entertainment needs of today’s connected homes. The plans include subscriptions to 17 premium OTTs and 350+ TV channels together with unlimited data over fibre.
News categories: Airtel, Vir Inder Nath, Digital TV, Fibre, India, Set Top Box
Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
May 16, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Global SVOD subscriptions will increase by 485 million between 2021 and 2027 to reach 1.69 billion. Six US-based platforms will have 988 million paying SVOD subscribers by 2027, up from 612 million in 2021.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK