Digital TV News: Hot
Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
May 23, 2023 – Astro has added WeTV, a streaming service from Tencent, to its Ultra Box. Astro customers can access the entertainment content by adding WeTV VIP to their Astro subscription.
News categories: Astro, WeTV, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box
MPA releases India online video report 2022-23
May 17, 2023 – Media Partners Asia (MPA) has released a report, based on data from its AMPD platform, that provides insights on the growing online video industry in India over the calendar year 2022 and Q1 2023.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Mihir Shah, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
Chinese brands boost global TV shipments to pre-pandemic levels
May 16, 2023 – TrendForce has found that Chinese brands have pushed global TV shipments in 1Q23 to 43.37 million units. In 2Q23 shipments are expected to recover to pre-pandemic levels at 47.26 million units.
News categories: TrendForce, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Warner Bros. Discovery adds 1.6 million DTC subscribers in 1Q 2023
May 5, 2023 – Warner Bros. Discovery (Nasdaq: WBD) has reported results for the quarter ended March 31, 2023. Direct-to-Consumer subscribers totalled 97.6 million at period-end, up 1.6 million versus the end of Q4 2022.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Televisa selects Eutelsat to expand video coverage in Europe
Apr 19, 2023 – Grupo Televisa has selected Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) to further expand the reach of its video services in Europe, taking capacity on EUTELSAT 9B, a satellite at 9° East optimized for broadcast services.
News categories: Eutelsat, Grupo Televisa, José Ignacio González-Núñez, Williams Aguirre, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
OCGL uses AWS to enhance video streaming and improve accessibility
Apr 17, 2023 – AsiaSat's OCGL is using AWS for live streaming and to roll out new applications and services swiftly without the need to worry about infrastructure stability and scalability.
News categories: AsiaSat, AWS, Roger Tong, OCGL, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
FreeCast pairs ATSC 3.0 with streaming video aggregation
Apr 15, 2023 – FreeCast has announced a whole-home solution that brings over-the-air broadcast TV channels into the FreeCast digital guide, alongside streaming channels and on-demand content.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
VIDAA launches latest version of its Smart TV OS
Apr 14, 2023 – VIDAA has announced the launch of the latest version of its Smart TV OS platform. The new VIDAA OS is faster, more reliable, more secure, and offers more customization options than ever before.
News categories: VIDAA, Yaniv Gruenwald, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Pearl TV brings NEXTGEN TV And Run3 TV to NAB Show 2023
Apr 13, 2023 – At NAB Show 2023, Pearl TV will demonstrate NEXTGEN TV features and capabilities with partners including Comcast NBCUniversal, Samsung and LG Electronics.
News categories: Pearl TV, RUN3TV, Robert Folliard, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin