Digital TV News: M7 Group
M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
May 10, 2022 – M7 Group will integrate its TV platforms into smart TVs, enabling direct access by viewers without a set-top box, HDMI stick or other additional reception device, with the user interface appearing in the platforms’ branded design.
News categories: M7 Group, TP Vision, MediaTek, Hans Troelstra, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Panasonic and M7 launch HbbTV Operator App
Oct 23, 2019 – Panasonic and the M7 Group have announced a partnership to support the HbbTV Operator App specification. As a result of the cooperation, an HbbTV Operator Apps running on Panasonic TVs is available for Diveo in Germany and for HD Austria.
News categories: Panasonic, M7 Group, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Satellite, Smart TV
CANAL+ Group to acquire M7
May 27, 2019 – CANAL+ Group has announces the acquisition of M7, owned by Astorg. M7 is an aggregator and distributor of local and international channels via satellite and OTT platforms with a presence in the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, M7 Group, Maxime Saada, Jacques du Puy, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MandA, Netherlands, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Streaming
M7 app integrated with Vestel-produced smart TVs
Apr 24, 2019 – M7 Group has agreed with Vestel to integrate the M7 smart TV app into the latest Vestel smart TVs. For the markets in which M7 operates, Vestel produced smart TVs are available under various brands, including Toshiba, Hitachi, JVC, Finlux and Telefunken.
News categories: M7 Group, Vestel, Hans Troelstra, Hakan Kutlu, Apps, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Netherlands, Satellite, Slovakia, Smart TV
M7 to buy Liberty Global's Eastern European DTH operations
Dec 21, 2018 – M7 Group has announced that it has agreed to buy the DTH satellite TV operations of Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) currently serving four Eastern European markets (Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Romania).
News categories: M7 Group, Liberty Global, Hans Troelstra, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MandA, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
OTT usage among M7 subscribers grows by 30%
Jul 24, 2018 – The addition of OTT services to DTH and IPTV distribution proves to be a successful move for M7 Group. Meeting the rapidly growing subscriber demand to watch content at any time on any device, OTT is now an essential part of M7’s hybrid TV offering, both for linear and on-demand content.
News categories: M7 Group, Bill Wijdeveld, Digital TV, Mobile, Netherlands, Streaming, Subscribers
M7 Group delivers live UHD football with Harmonic
Jun 21, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that M7 Group has deployed an Ultra HD (UHD) video processing solution from Harmonic for live video distribution of the world's largest soccer competition, taking place June 14 to July 15 in Russia.
News categories: Harmonic, M7 Group, Ian Graham, Ron Paans, Content Distribution, Netherlands, Satellite
M7 extends contract with SES at 19.2°E
Apr 11, 2018 – M7 Group will continue to provide its subscribers with TV reception following an extension agreement with SES for the delivery of its channels via Europe’s prime orbital position of 19.2 degrees East.
News categories: SES S.A, M7 Group, Martin Ornass-Kubacki, Bill Wijdeveld, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
M7 launches DTH platform in Germany
Feb 14, 2018 – M7 Group has launched Diveo, a pay TV service targeting the 17 million German households receiving their TV via satellite on ASTRA at 19.2°E. Diveo is a hybrid platform, combining satellite TV with the strengths of the internet.
News categories: M7 Group, Diveo, Hans Troelstra, Oliver Rockstein, Apps, CAM, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022
- First TVs powered by TiVo Stream OS expected in late 2023/early 2024
- AMC adds 431,000 paid streaming subscribers in 1Q 2022
- NOS Portugal adds 2,100 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2022
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment to acquire Redbox
- Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
- Mango TV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store
- Samba TV releases State of Viewership Report for Q1 2022
- Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
- TSA selects Agama for TV channel service and quality assurance
- M7 Group integrates pay TV service into TP Vision smart TVs
- 61% of U.S. livestreaming viewers watch sports
- Global telecoms market saw growth in 2021 except in pay TV
- UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report