Digital TV News: Metrological
Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
Jan 21, 2021 – Wyplay is now a member of the Amazon Alexa Solution Providers network. Wyplay has helped TV operators integrate the Alexa Voice Service (AVS) on multiple hardware devices and operating systems.
News categories: Wyplay, Amazon, Dominique Feral, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
Nov 24, 2020 – Metrological has aannounced that it has been selected by MultiChoice to bring OTT services, international apps and localized content to subscribers across Africa on its Explora Ultra set-top box and Streama OTT platform.
News categories: Metrological, MultiChoice, Jeroen Ghijsen, Gerdus van Eeden, Africa, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
Fire TV has high penetration in Germany but falls behind on usage
Nov 9, 2020 – HbbTV, Amazon Fire TV, and Samsung Tizen are today most often found in Germans' living rooms. However, when looking at actual usage, the importance of the TV platforms of Telekom, Vodafone and Sky is already becoming apparent.
News categories: TeraVolt, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart TV
RDK4 software stack for video service providers released
Oct 27, 2020 – At the 2020 RDK Virtual Euro Summit, RDK Management announced the availability of RDK4 – the newest generation, open source software platform used to power customer-premise equipment (CPE) for video service providers worldwide.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Skyworth and Amlogic unveil RDK Video Accelerator reference STB
Sep 9, 2020 – Skyworth Digital has joined the RDK Video Accelerator program, and unveiled a reference OTT STB that comes pre-integrated with the RDK application framework and the Metrological App Store.
News categories: Skyworth, Amlogic, Charlie Zheng, James Xie, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Fetch TV to integrate Metrological app store
Sep 1, 2020 – Fetch TV and Metrological have announced that the Metrological Application Platform will be integrated into the Fetch service. Fetch will also use the Metrological Lightning Framework to enhance the performance of its UI.
News categories: Metrological, Fetch TV, Jeroen Ghijsen, Scott Lorson, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box, UX
RDK now on more than 60 million devices
Mar 19, 2020 – RDK Management has announced that RDK software now powers more than 60 million devices deployed by service providers around the world. RDK is an open source software platform that standardizes core functions used in broadband, video, and IoT connected devices.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
Jan 14, 2020 – Tech4home has launched the first BLE voice remote control for RDK and Metrological enabled set-top boxes. The remote allows voice commands to be used to change channel, launch an app from the Metrological App store, and more.
News categories: Tech4home, Miguel Oliveira, Steve Heeb, Jeroen Ghijsen, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
Kaon unveils RDK Video Accelerator set-top box
Sep 10, 2019 – KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) has become a member of the RDK Video Accelerator program with the introduction of its RDK Video Accelerator set-top box. The box comes pre-integrated with the RDK application framework and the Metrological App Store.
News categories: Kaon, RDK, CM KIM, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership