Digital TV News: Neuf Cegetel
IPTV and DTT - The rise of Free-to-air and Customized TV Experiences
Oct 13, 2009 – The IMS Research study 'IPTV: A Global Market Analysis' reveals that nearly 13% of total worldwide IP set-top box (STB) shipments in 2008 were operator deployed IP+DTT STBs.
News categories: IMS Research, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Canal+ converts 240,000 to digital in 1st half 2009
Sep 1, 2009 – Vivendi (Paris: VIV) has released results for the first half of 2009. Canal+'s migration of analog subscribers accelerated over the past six months with nearly 240,000 upgrades to digital since January 2009, ahead of targets.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, SFR, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
Canal+ France adds 75,000 subscriptions Y-o-Y to end-Q1
May 14, 2009 – Vivendi (Paris: VIV) has announced results for the first quarter of 2009. With the launch of the 'neufbox by SFR', SFR added 163,000 net new broadband customers in the period. Canal+ France year-on-year portfolio growth was 75,000 subscriptions.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, SFR, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Vivendi: 2008 Goals Reached
Mar 2, 2009 – Vivendi (Paris: VIV) revenues reached €25,392 million compared to €21,657 million in 2007. In 2008, the digitization of the Canal+ subscriber base accelerated with nearly 350,000 upgrades from analog to digital offers.
News categories: Vivendi, France, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Intellon Surpasses 26M Shipment Milestone for HomePlug-based Powerline ICs
Feb 9, 2009 – Intellon (Nasdaq: ITLN) has announced that it has now shipped over 26 million powerline communications integrated circuits (ICs) based on the HomePlug 1.0 and HomePlug AV standards.
News categories: Intellon, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home
IPTV Making Its Way Through Pay-TV Markets with an Increasing Popularity
Dec 5, 2008 – According to InfoCom's most recent release of its quarterly television monitoring service, IPTV has been making its way through the pay-TV market with an increasing popularity in countries that generally have a large broadband subscriber base.
News categories: InfoCom GmbH, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, Hong Kong, IPTV, Italy, Market Research, Spain, Subscribers, UK, USA
Investment in IPTV equipment continues despite subscriber slowdown
Oct 28, 2008 – The North American IPTV and SDV equipment market declined sharply in 2Q08, pulling the worldwide market down 5% sequentially to $1.27 billion despite healthy increases in EMEA, Asia Pacific, and CALA, reports market research firm Infonetics Research.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Viewing behaviour shifts as IPTV continues to gain traction
May 23, 2008 – Analyst firm Canalys believes that usurping the role of established cable and satellite digital TV platforms will be a tougher challenge than many in the IPTV industry expect.
News categories: Canalys, IPTV, Market Research
Neuf Cegetel: 2007 results
Mar 11, 2008 – More than 1,050,000 new broadband subscribers joined Neuf Cegetel in 2007. The group has therefore established itself as France's leading alternative broadband operator with 21% market share at the end of 2007.
News categories: Neuf Cegetel, Earnings Release, Presentation, Broadband, Digital TV, Fibre, France, IPTV, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- SUPER RTL launch TOGGO multiscreen service enabled by 3SS
- 24i launches 24iQ personalization and recommendations service
- Great Wall Motor selects ACCESS-powered IVI system from BEAN TECH
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden