Digital TV News: PCCW
Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
Nov 29, 2023 – Total telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong is expected to increase at a CAGR of 1.1% from $5.8 billion in 2022 to $6.1 billion in 2027, forecasts GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Sarwat Zeeshan, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research, TV Services
PCCW and CANAL+ partner to accelerate growth of Viu
Jun 21, 2023 – PCCW [SEHK:0008] and CANAL+ have announced a deal under which CANAL+ will become a 26.1% minority shareholder in Viu, with an option for further investment to bring its holding to 51%.
News categories: PCCW, CANAL+ Group, Viu, Susanna Hui, Maxime Saada, Jacques du Puy, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, MandA, Middle-East, South Africa, Streaming
Viu app comes to Astro's Ultra Box
Mar 10, 2023 – Astro has expanded its streaming service, adding the Viu app to its platform. Astro customers can now access Viu on multi-screens, including on its Ultra Box.
News categories: Astro, Viu, Agnes Rozario, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Viu continues robust growth in subscriptions and digital advertising
Feb 27, 2023 – In the financial results announced by PCCW (SEHK:0008) Viu continued to show strong growth with monthly active users (MAU) up 13% YoY to 66.4 million and paid subscribers up 45% to 12.2 million.
News categories: Viu, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers
StarHub adds Viu to StarHub TV+
Apr 28, 2022 – StarHub has announced a collaboration with Viu for customers to catch over 12,000 hours of Asian content on StarHub TV+. The tie-up with Viu marks the 11th app to be fully integrated within StarHub TV+.
News categories: StarHub, Viu, Andrew Tan, Anson Tan, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Singapore, Streaming
PCCW's Viu enjoys significant growth in 2021
Feb 28, 2022 – Viu has announced that the platform saw a growth of approximately 30% in Monthly Active Users (MAU) in 2021 as compared to 2020, reaching 58.6 million. Viu also enjoyed a total of 8.4 million paid subscribers at year end.
News categories: PCCW, Viu, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, South Africa, Streaming, Subscribers
Aferian announces results for the year ended 30 November 2021.
Feb 10, 2022 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has announced results for the year ended 30 November 2021. During the year, Amino grew revenues by 11% to $75.1m and maintained its strong margins and cash generation. 24i continues to grow recurring revenue organically.
News categories: Aferian, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
PCCW Media selects Viaccess-Orca for Euro 2020 'Watch Party' playback
Jul 6, 2021 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that the VO Secure Player is enabling PCCW Media to offer a 'Watch Party' feature for its Now TV customers during the ongoing UEFA EURO 2020 football tournament.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, PCCW, Dokyung Lee, Belinda Chan, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Media Player, UX
Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
Jun 15, 2021 – Amino is working with PCCW Media to upgrade the UX of its Now TV service. PCCW Media will use the AminoOS STB software stack and Amino Engage, Amino’s SaaS service management solution.
News categories: Amino, PCCW, Donald McGarva, Derek Choi, Digital TV, Hong Kong, QoE, Set Top Box, UX
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024