Digital TV News: Rakuten
Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
Oct 26, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, the Spanish video market has witnessed a polarisation of fortunes in 2020. While many segments have been heavily impacted, others have seen their audiences expand.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Joanna Wright, Digital TV, Market Research, Spain, Streaming
Netgem TV launches In Ireland with Pure Telecom
Jul 23, 2020 – Netgem TV is now available in Ireland following a deal signed with Pure Telecom. After a successful 3-month free trial, the Broadband and TV bundle is now available to all customers for €43 per month.
News categories: Netgem, Pure Telecom, Sylvain Thevenot, Paul Connell, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Set Top Box
Digital video booms in UK during lockdown
Jul 22, 2020 – Data released by BASE has shown that UK consumer spend on digital film to buy and keep grew by more than 87% during the lockdown period to a year-to-date value of £113 million to the end of June.
News categories: British Association for Screen Entertainment, Liz Bales, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
Jul 2, 2020 – According to Dataxis, within a saturating AVOD market, only a few players are standing out in terms of monthly active users: Vudu, Pluto TV, Tubi, and older players such as Hulu, Roku Channel and YouTube.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
Jun 29, 2020 – Origin broadband and Netgem have joined forces to offer Origin TV, a multiscreen service. The product offers an entertainment experience at a great price as an alternative to the traditional expensive broadband TV offerings.
News categories: Netgem, Origin Broadband, Sylvain Thevenot, Oliver Bryssau, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
Feb 19, 2020 – British TV manufacturer Cello has announced the launch of a Freeview Play range with Alexa voice control, powered by netgem.tv. The TVs incorporate the netgem.tv service, offering free and on-demand streaming for customers at an affordable price.
News categories: Cello Electronics, Netgem, Brian Palmer, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, UK, UX
Hisense revamps its VIDAA Smart TV platform
Jan 7, 2020 – Hisense has launched a completely revamped version of its VIDAA Smart TV platform. The updated platform, with a new UI and integration of content providers, puts the user and their habits at the center of the TV experience.
News categories: Hisense, Dr. Lan Lin, Apps, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
Nov 14, 2019 – BuyDRM has announced that Rakuten Viki has chosen the KeyOS MultiKey Service to secure the delivery of premium content on the Viki.com platform. Rakuten Viki’s users will receive DRM license keys to playback content from the MultiKey Service platform.
News categories: BuyDRM, Viki, Christopher Levy, Omkiran Sharma, DRM, Streaming, Worldwide
IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
Oct 14, 2019 – GlobalData expects that a rise in IPTV subscriptions and increasing ARPU will drive growth in pay-TV service revenues in Japan through 2023. Fixed broadband expansion and rising adoption of OTT services will also increase revenue.
News categories: GlobalData, Hrushikesh Mahananda, Broadband, Digital TV, Japan, Market Research
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion