Digital TV News: SES ASTRA
iWedia provides SAT>IP software for Unitron multiswitch
Feb 24, 2015 – iWedia has announced that it has provided its SAT>IP server software to Belgian digital TV headend manufacturer UnitronGroup for integration within its new Johansson 9830 multiswitch.
News categories: iWedia, Unitron, Hervé Creff, Stephen Deleu, Digital TV, Europe, Gateway, LNB, Middleware, Satellite, Smart Home
iWedia integrates SAT/TER>IP server software with ALi chipsets
Feb 26, 2014 – iWedia has announced that it is providing its latest SAT/TER>IP server software on chipsets from ALi Corporation for broadcast to broadband gateways.
News categories: iWedia, ALi Corp, Jürgen Désor, Tony Chang, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Sony to show 4K Ultra HD at MIPTV
Apr 3, 2013 – As part of its 50th anniversary theme of Screening the Future, MIPTV has partnered with Sony Corporation to present what will be the next game-changing innovation in television's evolution, ultra-high-definition. MIPTV will take place in Cannes, 8-11 April 2013.
News categories: MIPTV, Sony Corp, Content Distribution, TV Services
Version 1.5 of HbbTV Specification Released
Apr 4, 2012 – The HbbTV consortium has announced the publication of version 1.5 of its hybrid TV specification. Version 1.5 of the HbbTV specification notably introduces support for HTTP adaptive streaming based on the recently published MPEG-DASH specification.
News categories: HbbTV Consortium, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
SES: Satellite Further Increases Technical Reach in Germany
Sep 6, 2011 – SES S.A. (Paris; LuxX:SESG) has announced that satellite has further increased its technical reach in Germany, its largest single market. According to the research, 17.1 million German households now watch television directly via satellite.
News categories: SES S.A., Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
SES Astra and iPONT to partner for 'live' 3D broadcast on glasses-free 3DTV at IBC 2011
Aug 30, 2011 – iPONT International and SES ASTRA (Paris, LuxX: SESG) will demonstrate 'live' 3D broadcasts on glasses-free 3DTV technology on SES stand 1.B51 at IBC 2011.
News categories: SES ASTRA, iPONT, IBCShowcase, Smart TV, VR
UAE grants Al Maisan Satellite Communications a DTH Services License
Aug 10, 2011 – The UAE Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) has awarded Al Maisan Satellite Communications Company (YahLive) a ten-year satellite services license for Broadcasting Satellite Transmission of Services.
News categories: Yahsat, Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, UAE
SES ASTRA Wins First Italian Broadcaster for Direct-to-Home Services on 19.2°E
May 25, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris,LuxX: SESG) has announced that it has won a first broadcaster for Direct-to-Home services in Italy. Promosat will use capacity on SES ASTRA's 19.2°E orbital position for the free-to-air transmission of its ABChannel to Italy.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Promosat, Content Distribution, Italy, Satellite
NDS VideoGuard to Secure HD+ Content for Sky Deutschland
May 4, 2011 – NDS has announced that NDS VideoGuard® conditional access (CA) is enabling the secure delivery of HD+ content to Sky Deutschland subscribers. Sky HD subscribers will be able to receive both Sky and HD+ services through Sky HD receivers.
News categories: NDS Group, Sky Deutschland, ANGA COM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES
- Comscore and Samba TV extend CTV data partnership to Australia
- AMC Networks and OMG complete first U.S. addressable campaign
- ENGINE launches cookieless data solutions for CTV and omnichannel media
- CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
- Brazil's MultTV upgrades IPTV system with Beenius
- Bharti Airtel enters Ad Tech industry with Airtel Ads
- Broadpeak upgrades BkYou ad personalization solution
- Nigeria sets-up Digital Switch Over task force
- LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
- Cloud gaming to have huge impact on games distribution
- SpotX to serve as supply-side platform for Redbox
- Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
- Cablenet rolls-out Amino STBs in Cyprus
- North American pay TV subscriber losses to slow