Digital TV News: WarnerMedia
WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
Oct 20, 2020 – AT&T and WarnerMedia have announced that select GM drivers will have access to WarnerMedia RIDE, offering video content on smartphones or tablets connected to AT&T-powered in-car Wi-Fi hotspots.
News categories: WarnerMedia, AT&T, General Motors, Barry Loudis, Sarita Rao, Santiago Chamorro, Digital TV, In-Car, Mobile, OTT, USA
U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
Oct 20, 2020 – Research from Parks Associates shows that through Q3 2020, the number of OTT video services in the U.S. has more than doubled since 2014, currently reaching nearly 300 different services.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Nason, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
May 27, 2020 – Comcast has announced that existing Xfinity HBO customers will have access to HBO Max at no additional cost via the HBO Max app and website while the companies work to quickly bring the app to the Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex platforms.
News categories: Comcast, WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rebecca Heap, Rich Warren, Digital TV
HBO Max launched in the U.S.
May 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia’s streaming platform, HBO Max, has officially launched. The launch is the culmination of efforts to bring the best of WarnerMedia together to launch the new offering, following AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Bob Greenblatt, Digital TV, OTT, USA
WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
May 20, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that the latest companies to sign on to distribute HBO Max at launch include Altice USA, Cox Communications, Microsoft, National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC), Samsung, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Verizon.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rich Warren, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gaming, IPTV, OTT, USA
HBO Go adds four distribution partners in Taiwan
May 5, 2020 – WarnerMedia Entertainment Networks & Sales has secured another four partners in Taiwan for the distribution of HBO GO. Its regional streaming service is now available to subscribers of Kbro, TWM Broadband, CABLE GIANT CATV and Pingnan CATV.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Clement Schwebig, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Taiwan
AT&T folds Xandr into WarnerMedia
Apr 30, 2020 – AT&T has announced that WarnerMedia and Xandr are combining to create a unified advertising proposition. Xandr will continue to offer advanced media and technology solutions, including addressable video.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Xandr, Gerhard Zeiler, Kirk McDonald, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
HBO Max to be available on Apple devices at launch
Apr 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that HBO Max will be available on Apple devices when it debuts on May 27, 2020. At launch, customers will be able to access HBO Max on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Apple, Rich Warren, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
HBO Max to launch on May 27th
Apr 21, 2020 – WarnerMedia's streaming platform HBO Max will launch on May 27th. With 10,000 hours of curated premium content, HBO Max will bring together HBO, third-party programs and movies, and content from Warner Media's library.
News categories: HBO Max, WarnerMedia, Kevin Reilly, Sarah Aubrey, Robert Greenblatt, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025