Digital TV News: 1&1
Competition authorities approve Tamedia investment in Zattoo
Apr 2, 2019 – In August 2018 Tamedia announced that it intended to increase its holding in Zattoo to over 50%. Following their examination, the Swiss Federal Competition Commission (COMCO) and the Federal Cartel Office of Germany have approved Tamedia’s majority interest.
News categories: Zattoo, Tamedia, Bea Knecht, Nick Brambring, Samuel Hügli, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, MnA, Regulation, Switzerland
MX1 provides content aggregation for 1&1's cloud TV
Feb 13, 2018 – MX1 has announced that it is providing content aggregation for a number of channels from 1&1's newest TV offerings. As Germany's first fully cloud-based TV service, 1&1 offers its DSL customers HD television via the Internet.
News categories: MX1, 1&1, Christoph Mühleib, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
1&1 launches multiscreen IPTV in Germany with ABOX42
Jan 8, 2018 – ABOX42 has announced that 1&1, a tier 1 internet and telephone service provider in Germany, has launched a multiscreen IPTV service powered by ABOX42’s M30-Series smart STB platform.
News categories: ABOX42, 1&1, Matthias Greve, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
Germany's 1&1 launches IPTV service
Jan 29, 2015 – German ISP 1&1 has begun to re-sell Deutsche Telekom's Entertain IPTV service to its VDSL broadband customers. The service 'Digital TV - provided by Telekom' has been available since January 20th, 2015.
News categories: 1&1, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
Winbox Technologies AG closing equity financing with leading German Venture Capital company TVM Capital
Jun 11, 2008 – Winbox Technologies has announced the closure of the first institutional equity financing round with lead-investor TVM Capital and angel-entrepreneur Robert Schneider, founder and longstanding CEO of publicly listed SCM Microsystems.
News categories: Winbox, TVM Capital, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Software, Venture Capital
Intellon Announces 12 Service Providers Worldwide Now Deploying Intellon HomePlug® ICs for IPTV Applications
Jan 2, 2007 – Intellon has announced that 12 service providers in Europe and Asia are now using Intellon™'s HomePlug ICs for in-home IPTV distribution.
News categories: Intellon, Digital TV, France, Hong Kong, Iceland, IPTV, Korea, Poland, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Taiwan
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region