Digital TV News: Amino
24i and Amino to make TV-as-a-Service a reality for Thurcom
Sep 12, 2023 – 24i and Amino have announced that their end-to-end TVaaS solution has been selected by Technische Betriebe Wil (TBW) to power video services at its Thurcom subsidiary in Switzerland.
News categories: 24i, Technische Betriebe Wil, Amino, Donald McGarva, Stefan Huber, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Amino and THEO Technologies partner on ultra-low latency video streaming
Jun 14, 2023 – Amino has collaborated with THEO Technologies to deliver a sub-second latency live video streaming solution, combining Amino's 4K media player with the THEOlive real-time video API.
News categories: Amino, THEO Technologies, Jonny McKee, Steven Tielemans, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Aferian provides trading update
Mar 10, 2023 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has provided an update on current trading and its impact on the company's outlook. For Amino, device sales have been materially lower than anticipated.
News categories: Aferian, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
TiVo Managed IPTV Service gains Amino set-top box support
Jan 5, 2023 – Amino has integrated its Android TV operator tier set-top box with the TiVo Managed IPTV Service (formerly MobiTV) providing a managed device alternative in support of TiVo's North American customers.
News categories: Amino, TiVo, Donald McGarva, CES2023, Digital TV, IPTV, North America, Set Top Box
Amino R180 set-top box, based on Amlogic X4 chipset, RDK-VA certified
Sep 9, 2022 – Amino has extended its partnership with Amlogic to broaden the range of set-top box options available for its Operator Ready RDK-V platform. Its R180 set-top, based on Amlogic’s X4 chipset, has been recently RDK Video Accelerator (RDK-VA) certified.
News categories: Amino, Amlogic, Jonny McKee, Brian Fenton, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amino and Agama support Android TV Operator Tier certification at GO Malta
Sep 7, 2022 – Amino's Android TV solution has been integrated with Agama's Client Device Monitoring to bring device lifecycle management and real-time insights on service quality. GO Malta has already benefited from the integration.
News categories: Agama, Amino, Johan Görsjö, Donald McGarva, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2023, Malta, QoE
Amino gains RDK Video Accelerator set-top certification
Aug 31, 2022 – Amino has completed RDK Video Accelerator certification of its R180 set-top box. The box enables traditional middleware supported by Amino devices to run alongside premium OTT services, certified as part of the program.
News categories: Amino, Donald McGarva, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, IBC2023, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
24i launches TV-as-a-Service offering with Swisscom Broadcast
Aug 31, 2022 – 24i has announced the launch of FokusOnTV, a TV-as-a-Service (TVaaS) streaming offering. FokusOnTV will be offered as a pre-integrated solution with Swisscom Broadcast’s premium headend infrastructure.
News categories: 24i, Swisscom Broadcast, Dr Neale Foster, Dominik Müller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2023, Streaming
Amino and Innovative Systems complete Android TV integration
Jul 25, 2022 – Amino and Innovative Systems have announced the availability of their integrated Android TV managed service offering to bring a wider variety of content to a diverse population of subscribers.
News categories: Amino, Innovative Systems, Donald McGarva, Scott Sobolewski, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC