Digital TV News: Amino
Amino and MOBITV collaborate to provide advanced video services
Jul 29, 2019 – Amino has announced a collaboration with MOBITV. The joint Amino and MOBITV-powered service addresses both operator and consumer demand for alternative video delivery solutions and allows subscribers to enjoy a wide selection of streaming content services.
News categories: Amino, MOBITV, Donald McGarva, Bill Routt, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Amino acquires 24i Media
Jul 15, 2019 – Amino Communications has announced that it has acquired privately-held 24i. 24i provides the Amino Group with a broader and deeper product set, talented development capability, complementary skills and a greater geographical reach.
News categories: Amino, 24i Media, Donald McGarva, Martijn van Horssen, Digital TV, MnA, UX, Worldwide
Entel deploys Amino to power Bolivia’s first nationwide IPTV rollout
May 30, 2019 – Entel, the national telecommunications operator in Bolivia, has begun a major deployment of AminoVU set-top boxes running on AminoOS to deliver IPTV services across its newly deployed fiber network, which covers almost 100% of the country.
News categories: Amino, Entel, Donald McGarva, Bolivia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Fibre, Middleware, Set Top Box
AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
May 21, 2019 – Amino has announced the first deployment of AminoTV on a multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway in the Netherlands. This follows the acquisition of the two providers by EQT and their subsequent merger into DELTA Fiber.
News categories: Amino, DELTA Fiber, Donald McGarva, John Wittekamp, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Netherlands, Set Top Box
Stoneroos provides mobile interactive TV app for DELTA Fiber Netherlands
Apr 29, 2019 – Stoneroos has announced that it has developed a mobile interactive TV app for DELTA Fiber Netherlands, available for iOS and Android devices. The app is another step towards DELTA offering its customers an integrated TV experience across all platforms.
News categories: Stoneroos, DELTA Fiber Netherlands, Annelies Kaptein, Timmy Langeveld, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, TV Everywhere
Amino to showcase 'Operator Ready' Android TV at NAB Show 2019
Apr 1, 2019 – Amino has announced that it will be showcasing its ‘Operator Ready’ Android TV solution, powered by its Google certified AminoOS software, at NAB Show 2019. AminoOS gives pay-TV operators the agility to customize and brand an advanced user interface via an Android TV deployment.
News categories: Amino, Donald McGarva, Android TV, Digital TV, NABShow, UX, Worldwide
Amino to provide STB software for top-tier pay-TV operator in Asia
Mar 27, 2019 – Amino has announced that its AminoOS software will power Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) devices for a top-tier pay-TV operator in the Asia Pacific region. The deal is the first major sale through Amino’s new ODM channel.
News categories: Amino, Donald McGarva, Asia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Stoneroos updates STB app for DELTA Fiber Nederland
Mar 26, 2019 – DELTA Fiber Netherlands, operating under the brands DELTA and Caiway, has updated its set-top box application from Stoneroos in order to allow multicast IP streaming and to integrate the Metrological App Store.
News categories: Stoneroos, DELTA Fiber, Metrological, Amino, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, UX
Waverly Utilities selects Amino MoCA-enabled IPTV devices and OS software
Mar 12, 2019 – Amino Technologies (LSE AIM: AMO) has been selected by US telecommunications provider Waverly Utilities to supply MoCA-enabled IPTV devices and Amino OS software that will allow the operator to boost efficiency and deliver an enhanced pay-TV video experience.
News categories: Amino, Waverly Utilities, Donald McGarva, Jeff Magsamen, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent
- Salzburg AG launches 'TV Plus' IPTV with Ocilion
- Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance releases 1st set of specifications
- Orange France launches Livebox 5 gateway
- Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Peninsular Malaysia to complete analogue TV switch-off on October 14th
- Insys Video Technologies adds three Polish cable operators
- ARK Multicasting broadcasts both ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 from the same equipment stack
- OpenAP Market audience-based advertising platform launched
- Oregan Networks acquires Zenterio assets