Digital TV News: Connect TV
Seiki first to deliver Freeview Connect to the U.K.
Jan 4, 2015 – Seiki has announced that it will be the first major TV brand to introduce HD TV models in the U.K. featuring the Freeview Connect TV service. Freeview Connect combines Freeview TV with streaming media channels.
News categories: Seiki, Mickey Cho, Apps, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
Over 200 million connected TVs and attached content devices expected in U.S. homes by 2015
Dec 19, 2013 – By 2015, there will be 202 million Internet-capable TV devices in U.S homes, a 44 percent increase from the 140 million at the start of 2013, according to the new Connected Home Forecast report from NPD Connected Intelligence.
News categories: NPD, John Buffone, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Gaming Consoles Lead Global Connected TV Usage
Apr 9, 2013 – With growing interest in streaming content, online gaming, and apps on TVs, households are increasingly finding ways to connect their TVs to the Internet. In several developed countries, game consoles have become the most popular way to make that connection, according to NPD DisplaySearch.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Blu-ray, China, Digital TV, DVD, France, Gaming, Germany, Italy, Japan, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UK, USA
85 Percent of All Flat-Panel TVs Will Be Internet-Connected Smart TVs by 2016
Dec 18, 2012 – Nearly 85 percent of all flat-panel TVs produced in 2016 will be smart TVs, according to Gartner. Worldwide unit production of flat-panel smart TVs will grow from 69 million in 2012 to 198 million in 2016.
News categories: Gartner, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming
Connect TV to More Than Double Channels on UK Freeview
Feb 27, 2012 – Connect TV, the new platform that is bringing broadband TV to UK Freeview, has launched its service with an initial lineup of 45 internet delivered channels which viewers can access directly from the Freeview menu or electronic programme guide (EPG).
News categories: Connect TV, Freeview, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Streaming, Terrestrial
FetchTV content portal to launch on Panasonic Connected TVs
Aug 31, 2011 – IP Vision has announced that the FetchTV™ content portal will be available this autumn via an app as a service to consumers on Panasonic's (NYSE:PC; Tokyo:6752) VIERA Connect compatible TV sets sold in the UK and Ireland.
News categories: IP Vision, Panasonic, Ireland, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
Toshiba and Netgem partner to connect TVs to the Interactive world
Sep 15, 2010 – Toshiba (Tokyo:6502) and Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) have announced the launch of a multifunction adapter for the French market, which provides access to Toshiba Places, Toshiba's online interactive service.
News categories: Netgem, Toshiba, Digital TV, France, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
Fluendo and Metrological team up to deliver over-the-top video content
Apr 28, 2010 – Fluendo has announce that Metrological will integrate Fluendo's multimedia plug-in technology into its Metroconnect Operating System to ensure that TV viewers are able to enjoy OTT video on Metrological's Mediaconnect TV platform.
News categories: Metrological, Fluendo, Media Player, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
Metrological's Mediaconnect TV Incorporates Widevine DRM and Video Optimization Platform
Mar 22, 2010 – Widevine has announced that Widevine's adaptive streaming, virtual DVD/Blu-ray features and digital rights management (DRM) technologies will integrate with Metrological Media Innovations' Metroconnect Set-top Box Operating System (OS).
News categories: Widevine, Metrological, DRM, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server