Digital TV News: Digicel
MediaKind provides compression and transmitter infrastructure to Digicel in PNG
Sep 4, 2018 – MediaKind is supporting Digicel, the leading provider of digital TV in Papua New Guinea (PNG), to evolve its service, adding 48 new channels through deploying MediaKind’s compression headend technology and expanded transmitter infrastructure.
News categories: MediaKind, Digicel, Ken Yap, Alan Constant, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Melanesia, Terrestrial
Digicel PlayGo partners with Matrixstream for OTT Winter Olympics streaming
Feb 9, 2018 – Matrixstream is partnering with Digicel PlayGo to stream live Winter Olympic sporting events OTT in the Caribbean. The IPTV platform allows users to access 8 live Olympic feeds, including 24 hour Winter Olympic news, on any mobile device.
News categories: Matrixstream, Digicel PlayGo, Aaron Keogh, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Digicel Play smashes 100,000 customer milestone
Oct 31, 2016 – Digicel Play has announced that it has surpassed the 100,000 customer milestone across its markets in Barbados, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago – a year after the service was first launched in Jamaica.
News categories: Digicel Play, John Suranyi, Barbados, Digital TV, Jamaica, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
Digicel launches Play Go streaming app
Sep 1, 2016 – Digicel Play has announced the launch of Play Go, its live streaming service with premium and exclusive content for sports fans and TV lovers across its markets in the Caribbean.
News categories: Digicel, John Suranyi, Apps, Barbados, Caribbean, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Guyana, Jamaica, Mobile, OTT, Panama, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago
Digicel selects Agama for Video Service Assurance
Jul 5, 2016 – Agama has announced that Digicel has selected Agama to provide its end-to-end DTV monitoring solution. This solution covers the complete end-to-end hybrid IP/cable TV and OTT service distribution for linear and VoD services.
News categories: Agama, Digicel, Mikael Dahlgren, Krishna Phillipp, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Jamaica
20,000 subscribers for Jamaica's Digicel Play
Apr 4, 2016 – Digicel Play has announced that its service has passed the 20,000 subscriber mark in Jamaica, less than sixty days after reaching 10,000 customers.
News categories: Digicel, John Suranyi, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica, Subscribers
Verimatrix chosen for Digicel Play HD digital entertainment service
Jun 2, 2015 – Verimatrix has announced that Digicel New Media Ventures has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB to protect its Digicel Play high definition digital entertainment service offering.
News categories: Verimatrix, Digicel, Steve Oetegenn, Alan Constant, Caribbean, Central America, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Oceania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Digicel applies for pay TV licence in Trinidad and Tobago
Aug 18, 2014 – The Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago has announced that it has received an application from Digicel for a concession to provide a 'Subscription Broadcasting Service via a Telecommunications Network'.
News categories: Digicel, Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago, Digital TV, IPTV, Regulation, Trinidad and Tobago
Digicel set to launch pay TV in Papua New Guinea
Jul 8, 2014 – Digicel Papua New Guinea (Digicel PNG) has said that it plans to launch a terrestrial pay television service in November. The new TV offering, which is expected to grow to 30-40 channels, would be both free-to-air and prepaid.
News categories: Digicel PNG, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Melanesia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Irdeto joins AWS Media & Entertainment initiative
- TiVo ad inventory available through Xandr
- Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
- HbbTV releases updated Test Suite and Test Descriptions
- Switch Media to provide OTT service for Solomon Telekom
- Amino bids for MobiTV
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow to 1.5 billion by 2026
- Amagi ad solutions increase revenue at Cinedigm
- Blockgraph and The Trade Desk partner on Unified ID 2.0 audience targeting
- Sky Media pilots Shoppable Ads with Sky Mobile
- Paramount+ to debut in Australia on August 11th
- Strategy Analytics compares bundled communications service pricing
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.8% in 2020
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform