Digital TV News: Donald McGarva
TiVo Managed IPTV Service gains Amino set-top box support
Jan 5, 2023 – Amino has integrated its Android TV operator tier set-top box with the TiVo Managed IPTV Service (formerly MobiTV) providing a managed device alternative in support of TiVo's North American customers.
News categories: Amino, TiVo, Donald McGarva, CES2023, Digital TV, IPTV, North America, Set Top Box
Amino and Agama support Android TV Operator Tier certification at GO Malta
Sep 7, 2022 – Amino's Android TV solution has been integrated with Agama's Client Device Monitoring to bring device lifecycle management and real-time insights on service quality. GO Malta has already benefited from the integration.
News categories: Agama, Amino, Johan Görsjö, Donald McGarva, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Malta, QoE
Amino gains RDK Video Accelerator set-top certification
Aug 31, 2022 – Amino has completed RDK Video Accelerator certification of its R180 set-top box. The box enables traditional middleware supported by Amino devices to run alongside premium OTT services, certified as part of the program.
News categories: Amino, Donald McGarva, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, IBC2022, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amino and Innovative Systems complete Android TV integration
Jul 25, 2022 – Amino and Innovative Systems have announced the availability of their integrated Android TV managed service offering to bring a wider variety of content to a diverse population of subscribers.
News categories: Amino, Innovative Systems, Donald McGarva, Scott Sobolewski, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Amino aids customer support with service KPI visualizations
Jul 22, 2022 – Amino has unveiled Amino Engage Optimize to extend the functionality of its SaaS platform. Optimize combines QoS and QoE metrics to help Pay TV providers identify service issues and get insights into potential problems impacting subscribers.
News categories: Amino, Donald McGarva, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
Jun 30, 2022 – Amino has announced that it has completed a project with Vodafone Iceland to upcycle its existing Samsung set-top boxes (STBs). Amino utilized its established upcycling methodology to migrate these boxes to AminoOS in the field.
News categories: Amino, Vodafone, Donald McGarva, Digital TV, Iceland, Middleware, Set Top Box
Amino software powers integration of pay TV and streaming at Now TV
Jun 21, 2022 – Amino has collaborated with Now TV in Hong Kong to integrate its IPTV service with OTT services such as HBO GO and Netflix. Amino Engage simplifies Now TV's device and app management while AminoOS enables a viewing experience that integrates OTT and IPTV.
News categories: Aferian, HKT, Donald McGarva, Derek Choi, Android TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Set Top Box
Aferian acquires AI-powered video recommendation service The Filter
Mar 5, 2022 – Aferian (LSE AIM: AFRN) has acquired 100% of Exabre Limited, trading as The Filter. The Filter's data science, analysis and machine learning technologies help consumers find and watch more of the video content they love.
News categories: Aferian, The Filter, Donald McGarva, Damien Read, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, UK, UX, Worldwide
Amino launches operator-ready RDK-V devices
Nov 9, 2021 – Amino has become an RDK Video Accelerator (RDK-VA) member and now has RDK-V devices and software systems ready for deployment. The first device to receive RDK-VA certification will be the R180.
News categories: Amino, Aferian, Jonny McKee, Donald McGarva, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media