Digital TV News: Donald McGarva
Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
Aug 13, 2020 – Amino, and sister-company 24i, have announced that Youfone has launched the first Android TV service in the Netherlands, providing consumers with a converged OTT, VoD and live TV experience on TVs and mobiles.
News categories: Amino, Youfone, Donald McGarva, Valentijn Rensing, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, UX
Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
Dec 9, 2019 – Amino and sister-company 24i have announced that they have entered into an agreement with the Dutch MVNO Youfone to provide a fully-integrated, end-to-end video solution to refresh and expand its TV and OTT offering.
News categories: Amino, Youfone, 24i, Donald McGarva, Valentijn Rensing, Digital TV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, UX
Amino and MOBITV collaborate to provide advanced video services
Jul 29, 2019 – Amino has announced a collaboration with MOBITV. The joint Amino and MOBITV-powered service addresses both operator and consumer demand for alternative video delivery solutions and allows subscribers to enjoy a wide selection of streaming content services.
News categories: Amino, MOBITV, Donald McGarva, Bill Routt, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Amino acquires 24i Media
Jul 15, 2019 – Amino Communications has announced that it has acquired privately-held 24i. 24i provides the Amino Group with a broader and deeper product set, talented development capability, complementary skills and a greater geographical reach.
News categories: Amino, 24i Media, Donald McGarva, Martijn van Horssen, Digital TV, MnA, UX, Worldwide
Entel deploys Amino to power Bolivia’s first nationwide IPTV rollout
May 30, 2019 – Entel, the national telecommunications operator in Bolivia, has begun a major deployment of AminoVU set-top boxes running on AminoOS to deliver IPTV services across its newly deployed fiber network, which covers almost 100% of the country.
News categories: Amino, Entel, Donald McGarva, Bolivia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Fibre, Middleware, Set Top Box
AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
May 21, 2019 – Amino has announced the first deployment of AminoTV on a multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway in the Netherlands. This follows the acquisition of the two providers by EQT and their subsequent merger into DELTA Fiber.
News categories: Amino, DELTA Fiber, Donald McGarva, John Wittekamp, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Netherlands, Set Top Box
Amino to showcase 'Operator Ready' Android TV at NAB Show 2019
Apr 1, 2019 – Amino has announced that it will be showcasing its ‘Operator Ready’ Android TV solution, powered by its Google certified AminoOS software, at NAB Show 2019. AminoOS gives pay-TV operators the agility to customize and brand an advanced user interface via an Android TV deployment.
News categories: Amino, Donald McGarva, Android TV, Digital TV, NABShow, UX, Worldwide
Amino to provide STB software for top-tier pay-TV operator in Asia
Mar 27, 2019 – Amino has announced that its AminoOS software will power Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) devices for a top-tier pay-TV operator in the Asia Pacific region. The deal is the first major sale through Amino’s new ODM channel.
News categories: Amino, Donald McGarva, Asia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Waverly Utilities selects Amino MoCA-enabled IPTV devices and OS software
Mar 12, 2019 – Amino Technologies (LSE AIM: AMO) has been selected by US telecommunications provider Waverly Utilities to supply MoCA-enabled IPTV devices and Amino OS software that will allow the operator to boost efficiency and deliver an enhanced pay-TV video experience.
News categories: Amino, Waverly Utilities, Donald McGarva, Jeff Magsamen, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0