Digital TV News: IFA Berlin
Health uncertainties force IFA Berlin 2021 cancellation
May 19, 2021 – IFA 2021 will not take place in September as a physical live event as originally planned. The organisers are now working to get everything ready for IFA 2022, a full-scale live event at the Berlin exhibition grounds.
News categories: Messe Berlin, gfu, Martin Ecknig, Kai Hillebrandt, Digital TV, Germany, IFA, Worldwide
IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
May 19, 2020 – IFA has been given the go-ahead to take place in 2020 as a real-life event in Berlin. Taking place over just three days – from 3 to 5 September – the invite-only event will put strict limits on the number of attendees and focus on IFA’s four global core functions.
News categories: IFA Berlin, Jens Heithecker, COVID-19, Digital TV, Germany, IFA
Europe’s first free-to-air UHD channel to go live at IFA
Jul 8, 2015 – The shopping channel pearl.tv will start broadcasting in Ultra High Definition (UHD) via satellite and the internet to coincide with IFA Berlin in September. For its entrance into the UHD era, the channel will rely on the expertise of SES Platform Services.
News categories: SES Platform Services, Enstyle, Sophie Lersch, Dr. Michael Sichler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IFA, Satellite
Global TV Demand Expected to be Flat in 2013
Oct 24, 2012 – With consumers all over the world facing continued economic uncertainty, global TV demand is expected to be flat in 2013, after shipments of all TV types declined by more than 4% in 2012, to 237M, according to NPD DisplaySearch.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Networking Becomes Key Feature for Flat Panel TVs
Nov 2, 2011 – In 2011, more than 27% of TVs shipped worldwide will be able to connect to a network, a figure that is expected to rise 54% to 155 million by 2015, according to DisplaySearch.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, IFA, Market Research, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV
Vestel to Launch the First BitTorrent Certified Smart TV
Sep 1, 2011 – Vestel and BitTorrent plan to show the world's first BitTorrent Certified Digital TV at IFA. The TV will enable consumers to find, play and share all types of personal media, independently-produced content and internet files directly on their TV.
News categories: BitTorrent, Vestel, Digital TV, IFA, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Swedish manufacturer launches world's first Android TV
Apr 6, 2010 – Sweden's People of Lava has launched the world's first fully interactive internet TV. The new People of Lava 'Scandinavia' will soon hit the stores, complete with Full-HD LED display and a fully integrated Android platform.
News categories: People of Lava, Android TV, Digital TV, IFA, OTT, Smart TV
S&T prepares broadcasters for next-generation interactive TV at IBC
Sep 4, 2009 – Strategy & Technology is launching the MHEG Presenter 2 product suite at IBC, which builds on the existing support for digital teletext and other information services with new modules for Video on Demand (VoD) support.
News categories: S&T, IBC, MHEG-5, Middleware
WirelessHD® 60GHz CE Products Arrive in Europe
Sep 3, 2009 – The WirelessHD® Consortium has announced that the European Union has approved the 60GHz band for unlicensed commercial use and WirelessHD products are now available in Europe. Products will be showcased at the IFA Expo in Berlin.
News categories: WirelessHD, European Commission, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IFA, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Regulation, Romania, Semiconductor, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart Home, Smart TV, Spain, Sweden, UK
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
- ThinkAnalytics integrates Gracenote Personalized Imagery
- CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
- Verimatrix CA chosen for digital TV switchover initiative in Nigeria